OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Multicom procedure?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Multicom procedure?
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:57 pm

Just taken off from an airport which only has Multicom... I announced 'Taking the Runway' and 'Departing the Area', but then found I didn't know the correct procedure... What frequency should I then tune to? Nothing happens automatically (mode 2). What is supposed to be happening en route and as I approach my destination? Found nothing on this in the pdf, searching for 'Multicom'.

Might as well do this 'correctly' if I am going to do it at all, so maybe someone could kindly advise me? ;)

Many thanks.

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Post subject: Re: Multicom procedure?
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:36 am

I would look for a departure or Center Frequency to switch to using PF3 display.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
KevinJH
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:26 am

And/or contact FSS requesting the frequency for Centre.

All the best, Kevin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:51 am

None of the frequencies I tried gave any response - I was perhaps not choosing the right one (I used the nearest).

As I neared my destination, ATC suddenly started up ('Resume own navigation') - I had left the NAV radios tuned to the destination Tower frequency- and then continued as normal (nice!). Would PF3 automatically tune to the right frequency anyway in Mode 2 though, or did that only happen because I'd pre-tuned to the destination Tower manually?

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: