OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

How to 'know' control centre frequencies

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
TheDuke
Post subject: How to 'know' control centre frequencies
Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:58 pm

When I depart from an airport with only a multicom frequency using an IFR flightplan I need to know the control centre's frequency to activate my flight plan. This is how I do it now: Simply create a FSS frequency for the departing AP if it does not exist. Then after 'leaving the area' dial in the FSS freq. and hit the Hotkey 0. Of course you can ask the FSS controller for the control/centre frequency. He laughs a bit assuming you've forgotten your chart and gives you the freq.

Try that on EHLE where multicom and FSS have the same freq. and you never get 'online' with control/centre. :D

I googled for an hour, but could not find a way to read the control/center frequencies out of P3D. My EFB is not giving them either (don't know if that's a shame). So I'm stuck to the above mentioned procedure. PF3 'reads' those frequencies 'somewhere'. If someone knows a way to find out the active frequency for the area, or any other way to elegantly dial in (not via FSS) it would be highly appreciated.

And one more thing....

The other way around works. Departing from a mega airport on an IFR flight plan with an uncontrolled airfield as destination. I noticed that PF3 puts you on approach (while actually there is no APP freq. according to P3D data). It would be nice if one could 'cancel IFR', fly the circuit using multicom freq. and land. Or is it just Hotkey 8 'Airport in sight'that does it?

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
pschlute
Post subject: Re: How to 'know' control centre frequencies
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:30 am

If you open the PF3 displayer utility it will list all the frequencies for your flight.

Peter

Profile Quote
TheDuke
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:11 am

Thank you. Correct! :oops:

That is.... for the title of the post and the first question.

That leaves me with my second question.
How do I cancel IFR (see description above) when I am in an IFR flight from a mega intl. airport to an uncontrolled airstrip with only multicom/unicom.

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:53 am
Site Admin

Quote:
How do I cancel IFR (see description above) when I am in an IFR flight from a mega intl. airport to an uncontrolled airstrip with only multicom/unicom.
Tune to FSS and use Hotkey #6

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jimos87
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:48 am

where do i find the displayer utility without closing pf3 and starting over?
*solved*

The frequency 122.00 also plays atis over and over

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:22 am

jimos87 wrote:
The frequency 122.00 also plays atis over and over
That's probably ASN/AS16 or similar.
Since ASN/AS16 follows the aircraft's COM1/COM2 toggle, but PF3 does not, you can separate these two easily:
If PF3 listens/speaks on COM1 (default), just set your aircraft to send/receive on COM2.
If you dial 122.0 on COM1, you will talk to FSS, if you dial it on COM2, you will hear ASN's ATIS.

Edit: Or disable ASN's voice ATIS in their settings.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: