OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Few VOR/NDBs have HOLD Checkboxes

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Few VOR/NDBs have HOLD Checkboxes
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:05 pm

Dan77 wrote:
musky wrote:
One other intriguing question I have is that if you change the waypoint type of an actual Intersection waypoint in the flight plan to VOR the hold check box is displayed next to the intersection. Would this be a workaround way of getting PF3 to hold aircraft at intersections as well as VOR/NDB.
I do believe this works as an unofficial workaround. There has been some discussion about expanding PF3's hold feature to allow holds at intersections and fixes, and this may be implemented in a future release.
Nowadays with so many GPS fixes on the charts they are now being used as holds. So although the original concept of just holding at VORs and NDBs is quite correct it really has to be expanded to in effect include every fix to bring it up to date with modern practice. This of course can lead to confusion. But for now an unofficial workaround will have to do.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Few VOR/NDBs have HOLD Checkboxes
Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:10 pm

Dan77 wrote:
ThomasAH wrote:
I used FSC9 in the past, but switched to PFPX.
Hope to get PFPX but I'm still saving my pennies! Is it ever on sale?
PFPX is very good at giving you the wrong SID and STAR!!!!!
I use http://onlineflightplanner.org and then add my own SIDs and STARs. It will give you your fpl in many different formats and uses routefinder so you will always have the latest airac cycle.
Changing the I for a V also works in FS9.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: