OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Unicom frequency

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
toriu
Post subject: Unicom frequency
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:55 pm

When creating a flight plan in FSX and compiling it in ProFlight 2000, sometimes, particularly at a small airport I am given a unicom frequency to contact clearance. I cant find any reference to unicom in FSX. I am using default aircraft. any help will be much appreciated.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Unicom frequency
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:59 pm
Site Admin

Sorry, what do you mean you can't find any reference to Unicom in FSX. If told to tune to Unicom that is what you should do. You won't get 'clearance' from Unicom because at an uncontrolled airport it is up to you to let other aircraft know where you are and what you're doing... via Unicom or Multicom

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
toriu
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:06 pm

dmarch wrote:
Sorry, what do you mean you can't find any reference to Unicom in FSX. If told to tune to Unicom that is what you should do. You won't get 'clearance' from Unicom because at an uncontrolled airport it is up to you to let other aircraft know where you are and what you're doing... via Unicom or Multicom
I mean just that I cant find any reference to unicom in the radio help section of FSX, just looked again. The controller says "Your flight plan has been filed. Contact unicom on 122.9.
I cant see any unicom/multicom band on the radio. How do I contact unicom on 122.9. I'm obviously missing something :roll:

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Andydigital
Posted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:19 pm

You need to tune your comm radio in your aircraft to 122.9 its as simple as that, then use the relevant commands as can be found easiest by running PFE_Display which will show you which number sends what command.

Cheers,
Andy.

Profile Quote
toriu
Posted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:30 pm

Andydigital wrote:
You need to tune your comm radio in your aircraft to 122.9 its as simple as that, then use the relevant commands as can be found easiest by running PFE_Display which will show you which number sends what command.
Thanks for the explanation.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PFE Support”
Jump to: