OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Holding Question

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
awralls
Post subject: Holding Question
Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 4:40 pm

Can someone confirm something… Holds are only instructed by Approach in PF3? Before someone decides to give me a lecture, I know how it works IRL, but I want to understand some inner workings of PF3.

My assumption is that if I have not descended to the Approach altitude set in PF3, I won't get a hold instruction, even if I've got the probability set to 100%. However, what happens if I set up a hold with a crossing altitude above the hand-off altitude to approach?

Thanks

Andy

Profile Quote
vololiberista
Post subject: Re: Holding Question
Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 5:26 pm

awralls wrote:
Can someone confirm something… Holds are only instructed by Approach in PF3? Before someone decides to give me a lecture, I know how it works IRL, but I want to understand some inner workings of PF3.

My assumption is that if I have not descended to the Approach altitude set in PF3, I won't get a hold instruction, even if I've got the probability set to 100%. However, what happens if I set up a hold with a crossing altitude above the hand-off altitude to approach?

Thanks

Andy
Holds are not given in any situation above 10,000ft. And, as far as I recall are given only by the Approach controller.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
awralls
Post subject: Re: Holding Question
Posted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:01 pm

OK; thanks.

Andy

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: