OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Captain Sim B767

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
garethw
Post subject: Captain Sim B767
Posted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:59 pm

Hi All,

My first post. I just bought the CS B767 and like it a lot. I've had the Level-D 767 for some time but the CS version is much more FUN ... IMHO

I am intrigued with what I've seen of Live Cockpit but not quite sure about investing in it yet. Is anyone using the CS B767 - do all a/c need a 'profile'. What's actually in a profile?

Is there a manual I can check out before I buy? I have FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 and it does seem a lot more polished than FSC Live Cockpit - but then it's no-where near as versatile as FDC. I checked out FDC on YouTube but the video clips are very limited.

Any help welcomed

Regards

Gareth

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Captain Sim B767
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:38 am

garethw wrote:
Hi All,

My first post. I just bought the CS B767 and like it a lot. I've had the Level-D 767 for some time but the CS version is much more FUN ... IMHO

I am intrigued with what I've seen of Live Cockpit but not quite sure about investing in it yet. Is anyone using the CS B767 - do all a/c need a 'profile'. What's actually in a profile?

Is there a manual I can check out before I buy? I have FS2Crew for the PMDG 747 and it does seem a lot more polished than FSC Live Cockpit - but then it's no-where near as versatile as FDC. I checked out FDC on YouTube but the video clips are very limited.

Any help welcomed

Regards

Gareth
All aircraft need a "profile" of some description....it makes flying your aircraft so much easier...

Whats in a "profile" well i have made that many..... ;) you get various calls and checks that are made by the F/O as well as the Captain,your gear and flaps are raised and lowered according to the parameters set in the profile.

The parameters i set are in accordance to checklists and data supplied with the aircraft,now such as Level'd and CS have both made a 767 chances are some of the calls may vary,if you see what i mean...you can of course make your own profile to your own specs if you prefer..

As for a manual,there is a manual supplied with the product but as far as i am aware there isn't one available to read....sorry!

Versatility...yes you are quite right there,one product can do a lot of profiles... :)

As for the You Tube vids,i would have like to have them longer....but then if you have them too long people get bored,so it was trying to find the right balance,they just give you a taster of what you can do and of course there is plenty of help around in this forum to advise.

Hope this has helped you in some shape or form,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
garethw
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Nice reply, thanks Dave. It appears no-one is using FDC with the CS B767 or if so they're not saying. ;) A couple of questions if I may -

1) Are the profiles readable - as in text? What I mean is, would a sample profile give me an idea of the sequence of 'events' FDC will invoke for a given instrument flight? I'll understand of course if they're only readable from within the app.
2) If 'readable' is there, say, a B757 profile that I could check out if it was sent to me?

You know, given its relatively 'upper-bracket' retail price this would be one add-on I would jump at if a demo version was available. Anyway, I'm sure the developers would have thought long and hard about that. I am also aware that years of strenuous and dedicated development have gone into the making and maintenance of this respected product and that it likely represents good vfm.

Best regards,

Gareth

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:02 pm

Hi Gareth,
I'm using CS 757 for FS2004 and FSX and Leveld 767 in both aswell.

They can be read from within the programme,but do take some following in text and it's alot easier when you have a profile loaded you can then see what speeds/flaps etc are set at if you get my drift..

The only demo version is the video's i produced i'm afraid,i've had this product since version 1.6 and that is going back a few years and imho wouldn't fly without it,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “FDC Support”
Jump to: