Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 Randomizer

Post Reply   Page 4 of 6  [ 53 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
sbsim
Post subject: Re: PF3 Randomizer
Posted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:50 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
Thanks for the optional INI-file! I suppose it goes to the same PF3 main folder.

Do you plan to include the percentages of the SID/STAR names in the INI file also? That would be nice!

And how about the speed (and the distance it should be kept) you include in the STAR names? What are the min and max values? If these would also be included in the INI-file it would be possible to make adjustments depending on the aircraft in use.

Thanks again for this great tool!

Ralf
Thank you, Ralf!

I'm already working on a new version that will include complete customization. Stay tuned.

Roman

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:15 am

Great. Looking forward!

BTW I did not have any problems with PF3 reading the SID/STAR names any more since I run the Randomizer BEFORE PF3.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:02 am

Please forgive my ignorance.
Do i run randomizer every time before PF3? As Roman suggested, if i dont not tick SID and STAR option, where do i put SID and STAR name for randomizer to recognize?

Thanks
Ash Nerurkar

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:54 am

Ashun wrote:
Do i run randomizer every time before PF3? As Roman suggested, if i dont not tick SID and STAR option, where do i put SID and STAR name for randomizer to recognize?

Thanks
Ash Nerurkar
Yes you have to run randomizer before each start of PF3 if you want different settings each time. After that you do not go to the SID/STAR page of PF3 so that you don't know the options randomizer has set there to be surprised during your flight.

You cannot enter names randomizer chooses from. Randomizer only chooses from the names listed in the first post. At least that is how it is now.
I already suggested to implement such an option for example to enter the real STAR names for a specific airport to have randomizer choose one if them.
Roman said that might come in a future version.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:24 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
Ashun wrote:

Thanks
Ash Nerurkar
Yes you have to run randomizer before each start of PF3 if you want different settings each time. After that you do not go to the SID/STAR page of PF3 so that you don't know the options randomizer has set there to be surprised during your flight.

You cannot enter names randomizer chooses from. Randomizer only chooses from the names listed in the first post. At least that is how it is now.
I already suggested to implement such an option for example to enter the real STAR names for a specific airport to have randomizer choose one if them.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ralf
Thanks a lot. One more question. In flight plan option of adjust Sid star and holds, should I specify end of Sid and beginning for star by clicking relevant waypoints?

Thanks
Ash

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:15 pm

As far as I understand that feature, it depends.

If you don't inlcude the STAR waypoints in the flightplan you load into PF3 there is no need to define a STAR entry waypoint. The last waypoint of the flightplan will automatically be considered as the STAR entry.

If you do include the STAR waypoints in the flightplan you should define the STAR entry waypoint so that PF3 knows where the STAR begins.

But when using the Randomizer, including the STAR waypoints in the flightplan might cause trouble. If Randomizer gives you a DIR it means that you should proceed direct from the STAR entry to the FAF, skipping all the STAR waypoints. But PF3 might still be expecting you to reach all the waypoints you included in the flightplan which might cause problems.
I'm not sure about that. Maybe one of the "officials" could clarify this. Nevertheless I try to avoid that and do not include STAR waypoints in the flightplan I load into PF3 (also to avoid trouble when the initially planned STAR is runway specific and there is a wind change).

The corresponding applies for the SID.

Regards

Ralf

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Ashun
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:36 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
As far as I understand that feature, it depends.

If you don't inlcude the STAR waypoints in the flightplan you load into PF3 there is no need to define a STAR entry waypoint. The last waypoint of the flightplan will automatically be considered as the STAR entry.

If you do include the STAR waypoints in the flightplan you should define the STAR entry waypoint so that PF3 knows where the STAR begins.

But when using the Randomizer, including the STAR waypoints in the flightplan might cause trouble. If Randomizer gives you a DIR it means that you should proceed direct from the STAR entry to the FAF, skipping all the STAR waypoints. But PF3 might still be expecting you to reach all the waypoints you included in the flightplan which might cause problems.
I'm not sure about that. Maybe one of the "officials" could clarify this. Nevertheless I try to avoid that and do not include STAR waypoints in the flightplan I load into PF3 (also to avoid trouble when the initially planned STAR is runway specific and there is a wind change).

The corresponding applies for the SID.

Regards

Ralf
Even I don't including sid star points. The fishtail point is end of sid and last is beginning of star.

Thanks
Ash

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Roman,
you will need to speak to Dave March with regards to this application about advertising it with PF3 logo as it's Trade Marked.
As Kevin and Voloiberisto have said this could hamper support and cause untold frustration, i don't wish to spoil things but if we get complaints that something isn't working correctly it puts PF3 in a bad light.
Please state this product is not affiliated with Oncourse-Software or PF3 and remove your link until you have spoken with Dave,if he likes it he may include it in "Useful Links."
Thank you for your understanding,

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:05 pm

Dave Leesley wrote:
Roman,
you will need to speak to Dave March with regards to this application about advertising it with PF3 logo as it's Trade Marked.
As Kevin and Voloiberisto have said this could hamper support and cause untold frustration, i don't wish to spoil things but if we get complaints that something isn't working correctly it puts PF3 in a bad light.
Please state this product is not affiliated with Oncourse-Software or PF3 and remove your link until you have spoken with Dave,if he likes it he may include it in "Useful Links."
Thank you for your understanding,
Hi Dave,

I already discussed my app with Dave March, including the technical aspects, asked him for permission to share it here, and received that permission. I would also like to emphasize that Randomizer does not change anything that users cannot change in the standard PF3 options and, thus, technically cannot impact its functionality. Having said that, being a developer myself, I perfectly understand your approach, feel the responsibility and will continue the communication with Dave to influence the best ATC program only the positive way.

Roman

Profile Quote
sbsim
Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:17 pm

RALF9636 wrote:
Ashun wrote:

Thanks
Ash Nerurkar

Hope that helps.

Regards

Ralf
Thank you Ralf, affirmative!

For anyone reading this thread, let me once more explain the functionality of Randomizer the simplest way I can :)

When you run the app, it checks if PF3 is not running and then sets these four standard settings in PF3.ini file: SIDs Active (Yes/No), STARs Active (Yes/No), SID name, STAR name. Technically, it is done exactly the same way and has exactly the same effect as if you will set these settings yourself in PF3 through SIDs/STARs options. The only difference is that you do not see how they are set. It means you don't know whether you are going to be vectored or given a standard procedure and, in that case, you don't know the name of the procedure. That's it.

How do you use this for your enjoyment of PF3 is up to you. It can make your flights more or less realistic and I believe that soon-to-be-added possibility to enter your own SIDs/STARs names will make this randomisation more useful also for "serious" simming purposes. As an example, I am now en route from Sydney to Cairns. I work hard for Jetstar this Australian summer and, yes, PF3 controllers have contracts down under too! :) I will approach YBCS from BIB, preferred RWY is 15 there and they are five possible published STARs: BIB3A (ILS), BIB3P (RNAV), BIB3U (RNAV), BIB3Z (GNSS) or BIB3V (visual via Creek Corridor, my favourite). I don't know yet which one PF3 controllers will give me as I don't know which one Randomizer set for me (as you can see, I'm already using a version with customisable names). I adjusted the probabilities according thorough observations of Flightradar24, but have to be prepared for any alternative :) This uncertainty increases my enjoyment and satisfaction from flying with our trusty PF3.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 4 of 6  [ 53 posts ]
Return to “PF3 - Randomizer” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »
Jump to: