OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Issue adding altitude constraints to a SID

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Andayle
Post subject: Issue adding altitude constraints to a SID
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:32 pm

Hi All

I'm having an issue adding altitude constraints to a SID from EGBB the sid is the DTY2Y from runway 15. I've imported the waypoints into PF3 using simbrief and I've added the altitudes but get an irregular climb profile error. I've posted a pic that better explains it.

https://imgur.com/a/SrvLtuD

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Issue adding altitude constraints to a SID
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:24 pm

The reason you are getting an error for irregular climb profile is you have waypoints with cruise altitude (FL330) followed by waypoints with adjusted altitude of 4000, 5000, etc. which makes no sense. If you are at 4000 at BBE12 you should be at a lower altitude before that.

That being said, it is much better if you do NOT include the SID in your PF3 flight plan, or at least deactivate the waypoints before DTY, so DTY (about 30 miles out) is really your first PF3 waypoint. In fact you probably got a warning about your first waypoint being too close to the departure airport. Check the SIDs box on the SID/STAR page before the flight so you will not get vectors after takeoff. Fly the departure procedure to DTY, as loaded in your FMC, and continue on to WELIN, etc. from there. With DTY as your first waypoint, you will be free to fly the DTY4F if you find out you need to depart on 33. Section 20.5 in the user guide provides some more info and suggestions on using SIDs/STARs in PF3.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Andayle
Post subject: Re: Issue adding altitude constraints to a SID
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:51 pm

Thank you Dan77 that actually m,akes perfect sense

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: