OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Re-transmit whenever I change frequencies

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
jsbrewster1
Post subject: Re-transmit whenever I change frequencies
Posted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:09 pm

Hi, I recently installed PF3 for MSFS and overall very happy with it, but I have a couple of oddities occurring. I remapped the Roger command from its original mapping to the NumPad Enter key (after clearing any conflicts from MSFS). Now whenever I change frequencies, I repeat the last transmission before I can check in. Not really sure what's happening. Also, if I get the ATC instruction line up and wait, when I try to acknowledge it doesn't transmit, but for most of the rest of the flight, it's the initial response before I can choose the actual response I want. Not sure how to explain it better than this, but otherwise, really enjoying the immersion of the ATC and the various accents. I've attached the debug_monitor.log file. Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.56 MiB) Downloaded 83 times

Jeff Brewster
KC-135 Navigator, USAF (retired)

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Re-transmit whenever I change frequencies
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:24 am
Site Admin

So sorry for not replying to this. I did see it on the day you posted and was going to reply later that day but... another senior moment and lapse of memory I'm afraid! :oops: I do normally answer most posts the same day.

Well this is rather strange... the log clearly shows the 'roger' hotkey is used each time you hear your VCP confirming the frequency change, so I can only assuming something else is triggering that. Do you have that 'Enter' key configured elsewhere?

You say this only started happening after you changed the hotkey so my guess would be if you changed it to something else and ran a flight the issue would not occur.

Can't help much more than that I'm afraid because according to the log everything happened as it should.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jsbrewster1
Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:50 pm

Hi, I had mapped pretty much all my commands to the NumPad keys, and I think that may have been the problem, since they are repeats of keys on the main keyboard. I can only guess it was treating each entry as two keystrokes as a result. I will test my theory tomorrow on my next flight, as I've set everything back to defaults, except the Roger key. Using Ctrl+Shift+\ doesn't make sense, since it is the command I use most in the sim. I set it to the Space key. I also went through all the keyboard commands in MSFS and cleared anything that could conflict with the commands. Thanks for your reply and I'll let you know if it's successful.

Jeff Brewster

Profile Quote
jsbrewster1
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:49 pm

So I reset everything to defaults, except the Roger (set to Space and triple-checked that nothing else was bound to it), and basically the same issues as before. Attaching another log. Another thing I've found, I can't request an altitude change, I can hit the hot key, but then I always just request my current altitude.

Thanks,

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.93 MiB) Downloaded 82 times

Jeff Brewster

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:51 pm
Site Admin

Quote:
Another thing I've found, I can't request an altitude change, I can hit the hot key, but then I always just request my current altitude.
You have to press and hold the H/L key then press and release the numeric key and then release the H/L. If you take too long to hit the numeric key it will use the H/L key instead.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jsbrewster1
Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:26 pm

Okay, thanks. I will make a point of trying it that way next time I fly. I'm afraid I'm guilty of not RTM on that one, though I did try both pressing and releasing the L key as well as holding it, but it may not have been timely. I do know Bogota ATC sounded a bit snippy after the 6th time of clearing me to my current altitude. Oh, speaking of, Bogota is misspelled (and mis-pronounced) as Bogata in PF3.

Jeff Brewster

Profile Quote
jsbrewster1
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:59 pm

So I completely uninstalled and reinstalled PF3 and FSUIPC. I also bought FSUIPC and used it instead of a freebie key emulator. One flight, so far so good, no repeats, acknowledges worked as advertised. For this flight there was no line up and wait instruction, so that remains to be seen, but at this point, happy with the results.

Jeff Brewster

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:30 pm
Site Admin

Great, thanks for reporting back

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jsbrewster1
Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi, I'm nearly there. Everything is working well, except the altitude change requests. It almost seems to be a random number generator now when I try to request a different altitude. I had re-mapped the keys to the Numpad + and - keys (after clearing all related commands from MSFS), and trying to use the technique you mentioned of holding the key while pressing the #, but it seems sporadic at best. Remapped (and cleared MSFS) back to H and L for now, will try that tomorrow. Attaching the Debug_Monitor.log file.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(1.82 MiB) Downloaded 76 times

Jeff Brewster

Profile Quote
jsbrewster1
Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:24 am

Moving the hotkeys back to H and L seem to have helped. It's still hit or miss whether it takes the number, but I think I may just need to time it right. If I'm persistent I can eventually get center to see the request properly. So at this point, it appears to be resolved, thanks for your help.

Jeff Brewster

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 11 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: