OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Resume a Saved Flight

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Petercove
Post subject: Resume a Saved Flight
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:07 am

Hi,
So I was flying from EHAM to LIML with the Maddog X and being super careful to stay on the taxiways and respond appropriately to ATC. After T/O I was instructed to contact Amsterdam Centre. My trusty co pilot selected the frequency and I pushed the zero key to contact them. No response. I double checked the frequency and tried again but no luck. We received a message aircraft squawking 5313 (from memory) to contact Amterdam on the frequency selected but again no luck. Having read that I can retrieve the situation as long as a. I was airborne and b. I had a save file I loaded the autosave file from 10 minutes earlier and was again flying on climb out. However there seemed no way to select Resume flight as it was always greyed out.

What could have gone wrong?

Frustrated Peter

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(23.07 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Resume a Saved Flight
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:43 am
Site Admin

I'm assuming the autosave file you mention is from FSUIPC? You also have an option in PF3 (Options #1) to 'Save Restart Data' which you have not selected according to the attached log. Also the attached log is not the one from the scenario you described and is probably the one created after the restart. If you haven't done any further flights the log we need will be the Old_Debug_Monitorl.log, otherwise it means you have overwritten the log unfortunately.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Petercove
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Yes Dave,
FSUIPC Autosaved file. The unticked box for Saving data every minute answers the main question. I think I know why the program failed after take off. I had a clearance to use REND1E SID but was waiting for ATC to give me instructions so kept flying the RWY heading. In retrospect I should have hit Nav and let the plane follow the SID.

I will refly and see if it all goes to plan.

Cheers

PC

Profile Quote
Petercove
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:23 am

Still unable to resume a flight. After learning I had not set up PF3 to actually record I ticked the appropriate box and set record every minute.

Flew the same flight which seemed OK but it remained stuck on EHAM Departure. Nevertheless the controller remained on frequency giving instructions but did not respond to many requests to descend as we neared LIML. The inevitable happen where we were much too high to carry out the ILS on to rwy 27. After crashing I reloaded an auto saved flight near the airport LIML and tried to get PF3 to let me resume the flight but no joy.

I read the manual but it says I should get an option to resume. I only get the option to choose a flight plan. Can you see where I am going astray please?

Cheers

PC

Attachments
Logs.zip
(17.15 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:42 pm
Site Admin

For some reason you seem to be missing the correct flight log... maybe you restarted and started again and therefore the log has been wipe. Therefore, unfortunately, I can't see why you were having problems with the flight.

As for the restart, when you have that option selected you should see Restart.log file in the PF3\Data folder, which is updated during the flight. If PF3 crashes the next time you start PF3 it will detect this file and tell you it's been found and do you wish to restart the flight. If PF3 doesn't creash the restart.dat file is renamed to Optonal_Restart.dat and the next time you start PF3 the 'Resume Last Flight' button will be available (just below the Select Flight Plan button).

Going back to your log files... the next time you have a flight issue please save your debug_monitor.log file immediately after stopping PF3... that's the file I need to see to work out why you're experiencing problems. If you restart a flight then I would like to see the resulting debug_monitor,log file alongside the one you saved... hope that makes sense.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Daveo
Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:11 pm

I think the resume function is still an issue.
Running on P3D 5.2 HF1.

Will try again it's been more then 10 years since I have used PFE.
Resume worked fine with V2 but those were FSX days.

Dave Opper
ESSB-Stockholm, Sweden
[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: