OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

New user - couple quick questions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
playingitbyear
Post subject: New user - couple quick questions
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 am

Hi - I just purchased PF3-ATC after trying out the trial demo for a few days and really like what I've experienced so far. Had a couple questions in the demo that I thought might work in the regular program, but after trying, I still have the same questions. So hopefully these are easy and I'm just not seeing it yet.

#1 - I haven't been able to get the Ctrl-Shift \ (Roger) Hotkey to work in Mode 1, 2 or 3. Is that because those three modes all have the VCP? I haven't tried it in Mode 0 yet. I also tried changing the key to some different Ctrl-Shift (letters), but still didn't work.

#2 When the TGS voice comes on to help with taxing, it is almost twice as loud or more than the other voices. About knocked me out of my seat. :-) I played around with the individual volume sliders a bit, and it looks like the TGS is controlled by the VCP slider and when I turn that way down, the TGS voice is still loud. So I also tried turning the ATIS an ATC volumes way down but when I turn those down, the TGS is still loud there too. Any suggestions or is there another setting for that somewhere? Thanks /Mike

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: New user - couple quick questions
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:43 am
Site Admin

#1 Try with VCP mode zero. Some non-UK keyboards do sometimes appear to have problems with the default hotkey sequence.

#2 The TGS volume is controlled by the VCP volume under Options #1. If you can't find a suitable level you may need to turn you sound output amp down and then turn your flight sim volumes up to suit

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Thanks for the quick reply Dave.

As far as the Ctrl-Shift-\ (Roger), I wasn't sure if that would be required at times as an acknowledgement back from me, and if it wasn't heard, the ATC would cancel or send me in another direction. I tried it in Mode 0 also with no luck and as mentioned before, tried assigning several other Hotkeys but it doesn't want to work. Also, I set up the option to hear the beep when I pressed a hotkey to make sure it was getting sent, but I don't hear that beep at all, even on the other Hotkeys that work.

As far as the TGS specific voice, all the other voices controlled off the VCP volume slider are very well balanced and also blend well with my other flight Sim sounds - it's just that one specific VCP voice that is so loud and I was thinking there might be a setting somewhere in a config file that could be adjusted.

On another note I wanted to tell you what a great job, and how much I enjoyed watching your "The Ultimate Tutorial +Commentary!" YouTube video from 2018. I watched this at the same time i downloaded the demo trial and it really made the setup and immediate understanding of all the options and preferences easy to grasp quickly. You have created a really nice program here!

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:46 pm

For the heck of it try just \ as your Roger key. I don't know if it will work for you but that's how it is set up on my rig.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:54 pm
Site Admin

Next time you try the various hotkeys please attach a log file so I can see what's happening (or not happening)

The video you mention is very good indeed but it's not mine :o

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:10 am

I tried the \ only but no luck.

Sorry I have been forgetting to send the debug logs. See attached. I tried the "Roger" hotkey a few times with both just the "\" and also Ctrl+Shft+ \ on this flight.

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:24 am

Here's the debug_monitor.log - Don't think it uploaded in my last reply.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(860.39 KiB) Downloaded 95 times

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:20 am

Hi Dave - Were you able to determine anything from the debug.log about why the Ctrl+Shft \ (Roger) may or may not be needed? Is there a situation or certain setup where this would be required to be sent back to ATC before further instructions?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:26 am
Site Admin

playingitbyear wrote: *  Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:20 am
Hi Dave - Were you able to determine anything from the debug.log about why the Ctrl+Shft \ (Roger) may or may not be needed? Is there a situation or certain setup where this would be required to be sent back to ATC before further instructions?
Must admit I clean forgot! :shock: Another senior moment I think :?

There is no indication at all in the log that you ever hit the 'Roger' hotkey. The only other thing I can think of is that key is already being used in MSFS... have you checked? Go into options, keyboard controls then do a search by input

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
playingitbyear
Posted: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:43 pm

I had already checked to see if it was being used by MSFS or something else and it was not. But I tried it again, both with RightCtrl+Shft+\ and LeftCtrl+Shft+\, both which did not work. I also tried a few other keys with the "RightCtrl+Shft" combination which did not work, but eventually (Yay), found that "RightCtrl+Shft+(Numkey) /" works. So you might want to keep that as reference for someone else to try if they have the same issue.

Thanks for all your help.
Mike

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 14 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: