OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Oceanic Issue

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Fighter Guy
Post subject: Oceanic Issue
Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:56 pm

Hi

Wanted to have someone look at a issue I had with an oceanic flight. Flight was from KBCT-MUHG. The flight was progressing well.
Approx 15 miles from my coast out point (VKZ), I received clearance to climb to FL250 and contact Miami CTR on 125.12. VCP mode was PIC
at the time. VCP set FL250, and contacted center. Center then instructed me to maintain 11000. at the time I was already passing 14000.
After crossing VKZ, I never received any SELCAL checks, or further clearances. Just maintain 11000. I quit the flight after the 13th time.
I had updated to 3.10.20 prior to the flight. FYI I flew this same leg yesterday, and everything worked fine until departing oceanic airspace.
I received clearance to contact center, and once on center freq, I was told to maintain 14000, even though I was already at FL250. Again VCP
mode was PIC. I was going to send those logs but my system crashed for an unrelated reason, and when I saw the update fixed some oceanic issues,
I decided I'd try it again today. So the previous flight logs were probably overwritten

Thanks for the help,

Tony J

Attachments
Logs.rar
(194.82 KiB) Downloaded 84 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Oceanic Issue
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:19 pm
Site Admin

Hi Tony,
Didn't want you to think you're being ignored... I have been checking through your log but as yet can't see 'why' this Oceanic flight didn't work correctly as your previous flight and my own test flights do. May take little longer than usual till I hopefully have a Eureka moment! :o

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:15 pm
Site Admin

Okay I think I found the culprit. It is one of those things that could happen but probably never will, but this time it did! :shock:

I think this would only be an issue with user configured oceanic flight plans and also where your oceanic entry point is set to waypoint #2.

Fix will be in the next release

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Dave,

Thanks for looking into the issue. Didn't see your latest response until after I flown the flight and composed this message.
I updated to 3.10.21 today and then flew the flight again. Same issue today as yesterday. Operating in VCP mode 3.
At KUCEP I was cleared to FL210 approx 25 miles from my coast out point VKN. At approx 18 miles from VKZ
I was cleared to FL250 and to contact oceanic on 125.12. Upon reaching VKZ, I received no further clearances or SELCAL checks. Around 14 miles from ELLEE,
I began receiving calls to maintain FL210. VCP did not set FL210 and the nag continued until I switched the radio freq. At 18 miles from CSTIN
I switched back to 125.12 and the nag was still telling me to maintain FL210. I attempted to contact Havana Center on 123.7 but no contact.
At 18 miles from DCSNT, I started a descent to FL210. I then requested and received a descent to 12000 on 125.12 which was Miami Center.
The VCP made the call and stated "Oceanic Center". Checked in on Havana Center (123.7) and received a response from Miami Center.
Tried to request further descent on 123.7 but got no response. Went back to 125.12 and requested and received descent to 4000 from Miami Center.
Sent to approach on 128.5, and the rest of the flight was uneventful. One thing I did notice was when I went to define my oceanic airspace points,
there was not the usual XXX points that I typically see. Maybe that has a bearing? Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps.

Tony J

Attachments
0225Logs.rar
(523.46 KiB) Downloaded 85 times

Profile Quote
Fighter Guy
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:10 pm

Dave,

Loaded the latest update and flew the same oceanic leg again to check things out. Everything checked out ok. Also the problem with the voice snippet issue in another post checks out also, as I had experienced that issue as well.

Thanks again for the support and an outstanding product.

Tony J

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:16 pm
Site Admin

Great, thanks for reporting back

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: