OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Re. v3.10.2

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 35 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
drumsart
Post subject: Re: Re. v3.10.2
Posted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:26 pm

martinlest wrote: *  Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:17 pm
Recorded a sample (zipped)... how can the word 'climb' cut in like that not come as a 'bit of a disappointment' let's say?

M.
I agree!
I would add that sometimes some words are like truncated. In the sentence "Push and Start" the word "Start" is almost inaudible...

Richard.

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:11 am

Quote:
I would add that sometimes some words are like truncated. In the sentence "Push and Start" the word "Start" is almost inaudible...
I sought out some of the new wav files and yes, that is also true (I had noticed some examples when using PF3 in the sim). For instance, try playing the new file atis_calm.wav in the folder ....\PF3\Wav\ATIS\V04. It is supposed to play the word 'Calm' of course, but there is hardly even a 'K' sound there. There are many like this, and that's in addition to the problems of integration I already mentioned.

Nice idea, to introduce new terminology, but please Oncourse, under the circumstances, can you not admit this has not gone as planned and issue an update (v.3.11?) that removes all these new wav files and goes back to how things were before v.3.10? These new voice sets have downgraded, not upgraded, the whole PF3 experience. I really don't think that this is a matter of opinion either - I can't imagine anyone finding the distorted, mismatched voices and incomplete wav files like the above example that have come with 3.10 as an improvement or even acceptable.

The last thing I want to do is exasperate folks at Oncourse ;) , but as (at the end of the day) paying customers, I guess users have the right to express complaints like this in the forums (and hope that, if seen as valid, they might be addressed). Don't imagine Dave will have any real issue with that! :)

Meanwhile, I have reinstalled PF3 from the original 2015 setup files and copied over the v.3.9 PF3.exe file - PF3 opens OK and shows v.3.9, though I haven't yet tested in the sim: hopefully I am back to how things were (I don't recall how many, if any, updates to v.3.9 I am missing, but no matter; if the new wav files are gone, it's worth it).

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm

Martin,
glad you recorded that!...that's exactly what i have heard and was describing earlier,

Regards Dave

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:12 pm
Site Admin

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:10 pm
Martin,
glad you recorded that!...that's exactly what i have heard and was describing earlier,

Regards Dave
But you said you heard it in isolation and not as part of an instructional sentence.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:17 pm

I said i was hearing extra calls like "Climb"...but not able to pin point in logs as they weren't showing?

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:40 am
Site Admin

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:17 pm
I said i was hearing extra calls like "Climb"...but not able to pin point in logs as they weren't showing?
You said

"It usually goes like this..."Climb" and then a few seconds later will say sentence of "Climb to "..........so yes it's two seperate calls close together."

Anyway, what you reported is not what Martin is reporting... he's concerned with the quality of the additional calls

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Skivster
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:29 pm

Well yea, it's just stitched two different recordings together. Pretty common in other programs.
Please do not remove the newer recording. I get that some might not think it's ok, or immersion breaking or whatever.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:37 pm
Site Admin

Hopefully we have 'something' in the pipeline that 'should' make everyone happy! ;)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:21 pm

Quote:
Hopefully we have 'something' in the pipeline that 'should' make everyone happy!
Sounds good, and kind of what I half expected, given past history of Oncourse's CS! ;)

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:44 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:37 pm
Hopefully we have 'something' in the pipeline that 'should' make everyone happy! ;)
To have the choice?

Richard.

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 3 of 4  [ 35 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2 3 4 »
Jump to: