OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Resume taxiing after forced restart?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
BF Bullpup
Post subject: Resume taxiing after forced restart?
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:07 pm

Hey there. I recently started using GSX for further immersion and enjoyment. However I am now figuring out how to get it to cooperate with FSX after landings without crashing the sim. As I troubleshoot that separately over successive flights (which is definitely a concern for this thread), I just noticed something about PF3. I am able to do my post-landing checklist and get permission from PF3 to taxi to terminal, and visual assistance from TGS Display shows up. If GSX causes my sim to crash as I attempt to select parking in GSX, etc., I force quit PF3. My hope has been that I could just re-run PF3 again and it would ask me if I wanted to resume my current flight (which works most of the time when I am in the air and the sim crashes for any reason). However I do not get such a suggestion from the PF3 application when I re-run it after force quitting it after receiving taxiing clearance.

Is PF3's ability to resume a forced quit flight plan in that program only limited to when the aircraft is in the air? I just tried two consecutive times in two different flights and couldn't get PF3 to ask me if I wanted to resume my "flight" so would still have PF3 guidance for taxiing to the gate. I tried tuning to the ground frequency after reloading my flight but PF3 wouldn't show any key commands for communicating with Ground in pf3_display. It seemed to expect me start all over with Clearance and so on.

I have attached a log, but I don't expect it to be any help because PF3 didn't have a problem in my last flight. I'm more curious if I can actually force quit PF3, run it again, and have it pick up from where I left off in regards to taxiing to gate after landings. Thank you in advance.

Attachments
Logs.zip
(886.86 KiB) Downloaded 92 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Resume taxiing after forced restart?
Posted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:05 pm
Site Admin

From the user guide...
Quote:
PF3 only starts saving its own restart data after you receive initial vectoring
instructions from Departure Control and it stops at point of touchdown at your
destination airport. So restarting a flight on the ground is not available.
Our thought process was, once you're on the ground you're safe! ;)

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: