OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No ADV Display in P3D4.5+FSUIPC6

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
lmhariano
Post subject: No ADV Display in P3D4.5+FSUIPC6
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:55 am

I've been using PF3 since 2017, first in FS9 and then FSX-SE. Now, this month I started using P3D v4.5 (with FSUIPC6). However, I can´t see the ATC close captions in the AdvDisplay, as I used to do so in both FS9 and FSX, but in the Simconnect window. I don´t like it because of two reasons:
- I can't set a hotkey for toggling it as I did with FSUIPC.
- As soon as I'm somewhere else than P3D and there are any ATC messages, P3D comes into foreground. This does not happen in FS9 or FSX.

I found a similar issue described here, in which someone suggested to enable "FSUIPC Multiline Display Window". But this is enabled in all 3 FSUIPC versions I have (3.999z9, 4.975 and 6.0.10). Is it there a way to force PF3 to use AdvDisplay in P3D4.5 instead of Simconnect?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: No ADV Display in P3D4.5+FSUIPC6
Posted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:13 am
Site Admin

Unfortunately I can't run P3D here right now as I only have a developers license which I invoke if ever I need to look for a P3D related bug. Hopefully another PF3/P3D user might pop along later to help you out. In fact I've asked on the beta forum if anyone can help and post here if they can.

In the meantime, if you have a second monitor or perhaps another PC you could always use our Remote Text utility. You'll find it in your PF3\PF3_Displayer folder.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
lmhariano
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:25 pm

Ouch, these are bad news: I don't have any additional PC or monitors for using Remote Text. I guess this utility is Windows-only, right?

Best regards,

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:42 pm
Site Admin

Yes it's for Windows... the sames as PF3. :shock:

I don't know of any reason why the ADV Display window doesn't work in P3D, Have you tried asking the question of Pete Dowson's support forum. If anyone can tell you how to make it work it's Pete, because he wrote it

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
lmhariano
Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:44 am

Thanks, Dave. I tried Remote Text in my laptop; however, without an additional monitor, it's not worth at all. I'm keeping the ATC log (the "Say again" window) open, just for containing the situation in case I don't hear well.
dmarch wrote: *  Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:42 pm
Have you tried asking the question of Pete Dowson's support forum. If anyone can tell you how to make it work it's Pete, because he wrote it
I went there searching for this issue. Also I went to the Radar Contact forums (I understand they also use Adv Display in FS9 and FSX for displaying text), and looks like I've been making the wrong questions. My question now is how to open or close the Simconnect window at will? Or furthermore, what control should I look for in FSUIPC6 or P3D to assign to the hotkey I want?

Best regards,

Profile Quote
lmhariano
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:04 am

After asking in the FSUIPC forums, Pete confirmed me that I shouldn't set the key for toggling the window in the Key Presses tab, but in the Hotkeys one.

Remark: this method is valid also fo FSUIPC3 (Toggle AdvDisplay On/Off) and FSUIPC4 (Toggle FS Display Window On/Off). I've been using the Key Press method since I purchased PF3...

Best regards,

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:11 am
Site Admin

I'm please you now have it working. Thanks for letting us know

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: