OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Flight plan setup

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
ridgeandgable
Post subject: Flight plan setup
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:02 am

Hi guys

Can anyone spare a second to explain the flight plan part... What is “Sid / Dp” part?

If flying from egph to lfpg (Edinburgh to Paris) first waypoint would be Talla then etc etc etc and last waypoint.

Trying to figure out if / when I need to start End of star and start of Sid parts. As much as I love this software, I’m getting a headache trying to get my head around it. I get the part for alts and restrictions from the charts that’s fairly easy but not sure of the other bit as above.

If I didn’t set those or done something wrong would I still get arc instructions to a runway? I usually fly to Eham using FlyTampa and Paris using taxi to gate, I assume these work with pf3?

Cheers

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Flight plan setup
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:16 am

I went over some of this for your earlier flight (EGPH-EHAM):

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3256&sid=778976a295 ... 9f2#p19572

For starters it is probably easiest to not bother setting End-of-SID and Start-of-STAR waypoints at all. The basic functions are at the bottom of the SID/STAR page. On the main PF3 screen, click the SIDs/STARs button. At the bottom of the screen are the SIDs and STARs checkboxes. If the SIDs box is unchecked, you will get vectors after takeoff putting you on course to your first waypoint. If the SIDs box is checked, you will NOT get vectors. It's up to you to get to your first waypoint on your own or by flying a procedure. So in your example if the box is unchecked you will get vectors to TLA. If the box is checked you will not get vectors to TLA and you can fly the SID loaded in your FMC.

The STARs box controls what happens after your last waypoint. If the box is unchecked you will get vectors to the active runway for landing. If the box is checked, you will NOT get vectors after the last waypoint. You will be cleared to fly to the assigned runway approach course on your own, either by hand or by an approach loaded in your FMC. (Setting a Start-of-STAR waypoint does not affect this. The checkbox controls what happens after the last waypoint.)

Setting waypoints for End-of-SID and Start-of-STAR is optional and at least for now I would skip this because you can get the basic functionality with just the checkboxes.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ridgeandgable
Post subject: Re: Flight plan setup
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:39 am

Hi Dan

Many thanks m8. I remembered you helped go over my last flight plan. Just wasn’t sure if I needed to set the Sid/dp and start of stars.

I’ll load my flight up today and not select anything other than speed restrictions as per the charts and see how I get on.

Is there any known issues with 3rd party airports as that’s where voxatc struggles

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: