OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

getting vectors toward touchdown

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
shermank
Post subject: getting vectors toward touchdown
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:31 pm

Hi all,
Perhaps I am not as yet sophisticated or well informed enough yet about all the details of PF3...but, here's my problem.
Whether I am flying IFR or VFR, as I get closer to a destination and hit 7 to ask for vectors...the response usually is ATC cannot yet give them to me. Then, I am advised to say on a course of 360...even if my FP has me traveling E W or S...can someone help me work this out...thanks....

Sherm

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: getting vectors toward touchdown
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:08 pm

Do not request vectors. For best results, the last waypoint of your PF3 flight plan should be 20-40 miles from the destination airport. When you reach the last waypoint of the flight plan, you will automatically get vectors for the active runway if the STARs box (on the SID/STAR page) is unticked. If you think you will want a vectored approach, leave the STARs box unticked before the start of the flight. You can later request clearance at pilot's discretion if you decide you want to complete the approach without being vectored.

See also viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2796#p16971

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
shermank
Post subject: Re: getting vectors toward touchdown
Posted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:40 pm

thanks, Dan....I just may get the hang of this yet....:-)

Sherm

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: