OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

How I use PF3

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
dnm1967
Post subject: How I use PF3
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:04 pm

I hope I do not get too criticised for this post...

I am not that bothered about taxiing to the runway and I cannot get the gauge(s) to work at all anyway. What I want to do is create a flight in simbrief, load that into MSFS2020 and PF3 and start off on the runway and fly to my destination.

So, I start with simbrief and create a flight. I then load this into MSFS and start that. I then start PF3 with the log and PF3_display also (I like this as it gives the key options).

There is then some talking between PF3 and the Sim and eventually I either get clearance to take off, of if not I just take off anyway and tune to the departure freq. PF3 seems to take over from there and guide me to my destination. I am very happy with the way PF3 works from then onwards and I obey all the instructions to the letter. It then guides me to the runway it choses and I land.

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Regards

David

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: How I use PF3
Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:30 pm
Site Admin

Sorry, don't quite understand what you're asking. Yes of course you can start on the active runway if you wish... entirely your choice... you still go though clearance, etc but after requesting taxi instructions you'll just be told to 'taxi to runway n' and then you'll be handed off to Tower, as you're already on the runway

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: