OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC Issuing holding patterns and holds

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Bladeflight
Post subject: ATC Issuing holding patterns and holds
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi

before I buy this which I am close to doing I need to know if the ATC in this addon issues holding patterns.

Whats a holding pattern? Its when your approaching an airport and if the airport is too busy the ATC will tell you to go and HOLD in the air. this is where you fly in circles (your holding position) until ATC tell you its clear to approach and land.

Does PF3 do this?

Is PF3 supported by the owners still?

Please let me know asap. I have looked at over 5 offline ATCs and none of them issue holding entrys or patterns.

thanks

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: ATC Issuing holding patterns and holds
Posted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:49 pm

PF3 allows you to select a waypoint in your flight plan to be used as a hold fix, but a hold will only occur if you have been cleared to 10,000 ft or lower. You can also set the probability that you will be issued a hold at the selected fix. Holds typically last 5-15 minutes but PF3 does not specify the parameters of the hold, such as track/radial, direction of hold, or leg length/time. The reason is in most cases you will be flying a published hold and in these cases the hold should be flown as shown on the chart. If the hold is not published, the specifics are at your discretion. More info on p. 79 and p. 97 of the User Guide (see the "Welcome to the Support Forum" post above). You may also want to check out the demo.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:26 pm

as Dan says, yes you get random holds which can be adjusted to the likelihood of getting one. It is one of the things that make this a good ATC program. Mind you it can get a bit busy when a hold is issued and you are trying to input all the info into the FMC. Great fun.
Regards Steve

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Bladeflight
Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:48 pm

wow this is great then .. I will probably get it.

its either this or proatcx as im told pro atc x also issues holds but nobody has answered specifically as this so I will await an answer.

whats an FMC? don't think the fsx lessons told me about that yet. ive been mastering holds but not relaying them to atc or anything..

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:53 pm

Flight Management Computer. If you are going to fly the big airliners like PMDG or the like you will want to master that. Steep learning curve but great fun once mastered and adds a lot to the simulator.

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: