OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 not adding Oceanic control with certain flightplans that cross the ocean?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Orinks
Post subject: PF3 not adding Oceanic control with certain flightplans that cross the ocean?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:36 am

Hi all,

Back using PF3 again and started a flight from PHNL to NFFN and only get Honolulu center, which is to be expected, and then two centers just named control.

I have the sectors set to the original. Was hoping for PF3 to do Oceanic check-ins, but that hasn't worked the past few times I've crossed the ocean.

Any help would be appreciated as I don't know if i'm doing something wrong for planning or what.

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 not adding Oceanic control with certain flightplans that cross the ocean?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 am
Site Admin

PF3 only triggers oceanic control automatically between Shanwick and Gander. For your flight you would need to manually set it as an oceanic flight plan.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Orinks
Post subject: Re: PF3 not adding Oceanic control with certain flightplans that cross the ocean?
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:44 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:11 am
PF3 only triggers oceanic control automatically between Shanwick and Gander. For your flight you would need to manually set it as an oceanic flight plan.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
Ah okay, that's fine. How do I go about setting this particular plan as Oceanic?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:15 pm

After loading a flight plan and before connecting PF3, click on the 'Define Oceanic Airspace' button on the PF3 main screen. You can then select the waypoints to be used as entry and exit points for oceanic procedures. See the User Guide p. 80 for more info.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: