OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Newbie Questions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Petercove
Post subject: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:22 am

Hi,
I have just purchased the program (PF3) after being a keen user of Radar Contact 4 and I am in the process of learning the basics.
I set up a flight with my Eaglesoft Citation X at KSAN Gate 10 and loaded a flight to KPHX using a flight plan I have used quite a lot lately.

Initially I was expecting to see a PF3 menu similar to RC4 in the top corner but soon realised I needed to dial in the frequency for clearance delivery and hit "6". This came rather quickly and I jotted down what I could. I dont recall an initial altitude being given. Reading the manual I guess I could have pressed C/S/= to have it read back.
Q1: Is there any way to get to read this later before take off for example. Would the virtual co pilot set this initial ALt in the autopilot?

After doing my checks I was ready to request Start and Pushback. I use GSX V2 for the pushback service. So I just want to talk to Ground and get permission.
Q2: How do I request clearance from GROUND to Start and Push?

After start up and pushback I received taxi clearance. ATIS and the actual traffic indicated RWY 25 was in use so I headed off to the holding point. I dont recall getting a request from Ground to change to Tower frequency at all. I would have like to check my taxi clearance just in case the sent me to the wrong runway but why would they?

I taxied right up to the holding point changed to Tower and hit "6" . Nothing from Tower except Tower talking to other aircraft.
Q3: Is there a way to wake up Tower get a line up for take off clearance?

Q4: I hope I am right in that the numbers quoted to contact PF3 are the ones along the top of the keyboard and not the Numpad?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:53 am

For starters you may want to enable the ATC Log window, which will allow you to review the most recent ATC instructions. Options #2 button, Advanced Options and INI File Tweaks, ATC Log section, tick the box 'Show Log on Connect'. Push and Start options are on the Options #1 screen, at bottom. I think it is off by default. You may want to skip this until you are more familiar with the program. Virtual copilot mode settings are also on Options #1 screen. In Mode 2, VCP handles the comms; in Mode 3 VCP flies the plane via the autopilot (may not work with all third-party aircraft as it depends on the autopilot).

When you connect, note the Clearance frequency that is shown. Manually tune Clearance frequency and press 0 to request clearance. Regarding flight planning, in PF3 the location of your last flight-plan waypoint should if possible be about 30 miles from the destination airport. If your last waypoint is closer than 20 miles it often causes problems, so you may need to make some changes to flight plans used with other programs. And yes use the number keys at the top of the keyboard.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Newbie Questions
Posted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:33 pm
Site Admin

Please zip and attach your debug log file from the PF3\Log folder whenever you are reporting any issues... we can't see what occurred without it

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: