OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Anoying "pong" sound on every keypress

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
bbruechmann
Post subject: Anoying "pong" sound on every keypress
Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:49 pm

Hi, usually i have PF3 in use together with MCE wich works great so far. I have just a little issue with an anoying sound that´s played on every keypress while in flight. The sound is the same, that is played on some keypress in the GUI of PF3, though i think it´s related to PF3 rather then MCE.
Everything works normal like , setup the flightplan, load into PF3 connect to P3D, but once i´ve connected PF3-ATC to P3D having MCE loaded, from then on every time i press a key on the P3D PC i get to hear that "pong" is played. No matter which key (s-key for the views, .-for the brakes etc.)
As far i have tested it only happens when MCE is already loaded in P3D at that time when i connect the PF3 to the SIM. (PF3 application is already running).
If i connect the PF3 FP to P3D without MCE is running and start MCE after PF3 connection, there is no "pong" played.
Has anyone an idea what could cause this issue?
I´ve raised the same thread in MCE forum because both apps can be responsible.
reg.
Bernd

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: Anoying "pong" sound on every keypress
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:32 am

Open PF3.ini and check if you have "HotkeyBeep=1" in the [Tweaks] section. If yes, set it to 0.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:15 am

ThomasAH wrote: *  Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:32 am
Open PF3.ini and check if you have "HotkeyBeep=1" in the [Tweaks] section. If yes, set it to 0.
Hi Thomas, this is already set to "0"

As i said, if i load MCE after i´ve connected the PF3-flightplan to P3D there is no "pong" if i hit a key in the SIM. It´s only the case if MCE was/is already running while connecting PF3 to P3D.
When this issue happens the behavior is the same like in Windows, if you have another active window in the background, while you try to click on a button and you have no reaction to the click but always the Windows-Ping sound on every hit. The difference to this is that the sound of the "pong" is not the Windows one but the one you can hear from PF3 and that everything seems working normal.
Hope you understand what i´am trying to say. :lol:
reg. Bernd

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:55 am

You could try checking the Windows alert/notification sound settings, and maybe disable them. I think it is part of the desktop themes.
I certainly don't need a ping or pong for any of the things the OS offers (e.g. when connecting a USB device), just for the programs I actively want to get notifications from.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bbruechmann
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:21 am

Solved as it seems!
Because of a hint from Gerald from MCE i´ve updated MCE to the latest build and the issue is gone. It seems it was an issue of "lost focus" between the applications, like it happens in windows when a focused window is hiding in the background.

Thank´s for you help anyway.

reg. Bernd

Regards Bernd

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:37 am

bbruechmann wrote: *  Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:21 am
Solved as it seems!
Good news, thanks for telling us the solution.

Regards,
Thomas

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: