OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

No suitable runways found at ESSA, and descent clearance given too late

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
kyrre78
Post subject: No suitable runways found at ESSA, and descent clearance given too late
Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:06 pm

Hello,

I just did a flight from EGPK to ESSA. On the FP adjustment page I defined the start of the STAR at the waypoint named ELTOK, and to cross this waypoint at 17000 feet (or FL170). Nevertheless ATC was too late in issuing a descent, so I ended up being 10000 feet high on the VNAV profile. The "STARS" active was also ticked on the SID/STARS page - and I also named the STAR here.

Just as I approached ELTOK (the start of the STAR as defined) the message "No suitable runways found" came up. ATC still issued instructions for descent, but those instructions were only given at very small increments, and, like mentioned, way too late.

I have attached a log file here.

Regards,

Kyrre F. Andersen

Attachments
pf3_error_report_20190915_141308.zip
(1 MiB) Downloaded 175 times

Profile Quote
kyrre78
Post subject: Re: No suitable runways found at ESSA, and descent clearance given too late
Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:58 pm

I tried a flight and this time I made sure my last waypoint before the destination was somewhat around 30 miles out. ATC vectored me in just fine this time.

So, I think that resolved my issue.

Br.

Kyrre Andersen

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: