OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Windows taskbar freezing

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
natbrain
Post subject: Windows taskbar freezing
Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:16 pm

I'm experiencing some strange behavior with my PF3, which started not too long ago. When PF3 ATC talks to my aircraft, I've noticed that the Windows taskbar locks up temporarily, at least until PF3 is finished talking. So if I'm in the middle of doing something and P3D is running in the background, and PF3 says something like perhaps gives me clearance to final on approach, I can't switch tasks to P3D because Windows itself locks up until PF3 finishes its sentence. This is mostly an issue on approach when I'm nearing my destination, and P3D and other apps on my computer are fine - it's just task switching and Windows that locks up.

It happened after I reinstalled a motherboard. So, thinking it was an issue with that, I decided to reinstall Windows and reinstall P3D and PF3. Still, the issues persist. Often, these lock ups are associated with a spike in CPU usage, but while I am overclocking my CPU, I would expect the whole computer, including and especially P3D, to also lag or freeze temporarily while PF3 is talking is this is really a CPU overclocking issue. However, it's only Windows that locks up. All other applications continue running normally and the problem only becomes salient if I happen to try to switch tasks while PF3 is talking; otherwise, I don't notice the issue as my applications themselves are unaffected. Any advice?

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Windows taskbar freezing
Posted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 6:06 am
Site Admin

Possibly a sound card/driver issue maybe? Don't think I've ever heard of this problem before.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
natbrain
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:26 am

I’m not sure. I’ve never seen this problem before either. I doubt it’s a sound card issue or driver issue as reinstalling the audio drivers didn’t fix it. I’m wondering if it’s a version issue with FSUIPC. Given that this specifically happens when PF3 is talking to my aircraft, maybe there’s an issue with the pieces that are involved in connecting PF3 and P3D during that exchange. How does PF3 interact with P3D? To my knowledge FSUIPC is a big part of it but If there’s any other piece of machinery that is involved in that connection then maybe I can look at that.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:22 am
Site Admin

PF3 interacts with FS via fsuipc but all sound is generated using DirectX. You could try installing the DirectX for managed code runtimes... You'll find the link in the 2nd faq item on our website.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: