OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

FS2020

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Dave Leesley
Post subject: FS2020
Posted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:57 pm

How many users are contemplating switching to the new sim?
Will be interesting to hear of the system specs and how it will fair with our systems?
Will PF3 and FDC work as they do now?
I will be watching the forum with interest to see what comes out.
Watch this space!

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
voju24
Post subject: Re: FS2020
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:52 pm

For me it's definitely a very plausible option.
My platform is still good old FSX Acceleration (No P3d) and for me 2020 was always the time for a new sim and my pc will also be 4 years old by then.

I'm signed up for the insider program and very curious to see how it'll perform on my aging machine.
I highly doubt PF3 will still work out of the box, because I think they will present a new or largely new SDK if they change the AI behavior and I fully expect them to optimize AI, one of the points where simmers in FSX invest lots of time to fix it up :P. We'll see.
Definitely curious to find out more too.

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:30 pm

I will certainly be keeping a close watch. About time we had a sim worthy of the latest hardware. I mean with the amount of grunt the modern machines have surely it's not too much to ask for a consistently stutter free flight, using study level aircraft and reasonable eye candy...………...or is it?
We'll see no doubt.
I just hope that Dave can make any required adjustments so that PF3 works with it.

Regards Steve

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
cmg344
Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:48 am

In my case, I prefer to be somewhat conservative.

When the new FS2020 goes on sale, I will wait a few months to read about its general behavior, it will not happen just as it happened with FSX, a simulator whose configuration is exasperating and, often, with discouraging results for the average user.

Of course, if FS2020 meets the expectations, without a doubt I will buy it, because I have no doubt that Dave will know what to do to make PF3 work with the new software.

Kind regards,

Carlos

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Axel H
Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi,

I think everybody is very much curious about what will be FS2020 like and what system specs are required.

Interesting if they ever changed the AI engine and the ATC. I guess we will still hear in an US accent "contact Kleine Brogel Approach" when overflying airfield "Kleine Brogel" in Belgium (just an example of an annoying thing is the past sims.)

Of course ONC PF3 updated for the next sim would be great. With a complete overhaul of the voices and accents and callsigns and FIRs. But I think we shall see what ATC and AI engine the FS2020 will deliver us.

Best regards,

Axel

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Will be a long time before I even think of switching. I learned my lesson from MS Flight
, which Microsoft decided after about a year to pull the plug on with no warning at all.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: