OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Any updates on the way?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Any updates on the way?
Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:11 am

Hi! Just wondering if any update is planned for the foreseeable future - been a while. PF3 continues to work pretty well in X-Plane, thanks to the available plugin, but I am still hoping and praying that an update will alter the behaviour of the VCP when I receive a landing runway from ATC. To repeat ..

At take off, PF3 waits for confirmation of the runway to be used. Good. When it comes to approach though, the VCP immediately confirms the runway that ATC has indicated. This is very often not the runway that I have set up, with STARs, ILS approaches and son, and programmed into the FMC. In the real world, landing runways are scheduled of course prior to departure (as I do in the sim). If it's not possible to enter this selected runway into PF3, so that ATC will always call it, OK. But in all PF3 modes, it would be so much more realistic if the programme waited for confirmation, or a requested runway change, rather than automatically accept whatever ATC instructs. As I say, that is what happens at takeoff, so why not on landing too? Real-world pilots do not confirm the runway and then immediately change their mind :-)

Some change to planned landing runways does of course happen, real world) if the wind veers round for instance (stating the obvious here!), but it's not the norm - and there is another pilot there to make the changes in the FMC. I have to pause the sim to do that - it's not always possible to get the a/c ready for landing and at the same time have your nose buried in the FMC...

So how about it Dave? Please??

Martin :)

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: Any updates on the way?
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:23 pm

What would really be great, IMHO, is if, like real-world flying, the landing (and departure) runways could be chosen along with the flight plan, at setup stage...

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:32 pm

If before the flight is loaded you are certain which runways you want to use (irrespective of AI activity or wind direction), you can force the runway assignment by designating runway use on the SID/STAR page after entering the ICAO code for the airport. For example, when landing at KLAX, I want to land on 25L whenever the airport is landing to the west, so I have set the other runways (25R, 24L, and 24R) as either T or X.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm

I haven't been able to make SIDs/STARs work in X-Plane. Should it? Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:31 pm

martinlest wrote: *  Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm
Afraid I can't be of much help there. It would depend on your PF3 database so it looks like your previous issue, and I'm not sure if any progress has been made in that area.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2882

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:16 am
Site Admin

martinlest wrote: *  Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:45 pm
The FS you're using shouldn't make any difference as it's all database related

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:37 am

Quote:
The FS you're using shouldn't make any difference as it's all database related
OK, I will try it out again; maybe I did something wrong during the setup... Many thanks (will report back!).

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:20 pm

Well, two flights later and to my pleasure this does indeed seem to work (unless it was a fluke!). I tried it out when I first flew X-Plane and I seem to recall the runways weren't assigned properly (must have done it wrong), so I assumed that the function was not compatible with XP11 and never tried again. I wish I had now, of course (as you say, it's database related - I should have thought it through!): this solves the problem that's been (unnecessarily) 'bugging' me for two years! I shall set the runways like this in PF3 as a matter of course now before every flight.

I wonder what other neat tricks PF3 has that I either never knew, or have forgotten since I changed from MSFS to XP11!

Thank you Dan!!

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: