OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Hot Keys unresponsive and a few other problems - New User

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Nigel Backwith
Post subject: Hot Keys unresponsive and a few other problems - New User
Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:20 pm

Hi, I am a new user of PF3 and appear to have a number of (related/unrelated?) installation-problems that, so far, have prevented me from progressing to Clearance. These problems exist whether I run PF3 on the FS machine or on a WIDEFS7 client.

I run P3D V4 with a PMDG 737NGX on Windows 10 machines and am a pretty experienced Simmer and technically competent in IT/Windows 10 etc.

I may be missing something obvious, since I am familiar with a different ATC product and this may be misleading me.

Problems:

1. I can load a flightplan (from PFPX) into PF3 and connect to P3D. PF3 Displayer and Remote Text also appear to be connected. With the PMDG 737 at a gate at the Departure airport, with the FMC loaded with the flightplan and the radios active, I cannot get a response to key "0" from any COM1 or COM2 frequency. The Displayer shows no frequencies - all set to zero, despite the two green lights. ATIS frequency scrolls the P3D ATIS info, despite the PF3 option box setting. I guess it seems that I have connection between PF3 and P3d V4 but no data transfer.

2. When I click to disconnect Pf3 I get the message "Waiting to Disconnect to complete ..." but this never completes. If I then click the "x" to close and restart I get the insufficient hotkey slots message and I have to close P3D and reload.

3. Sometimes on loading PF3 and connecting to P3D V4 I get the "run register.exe" message. I run it but this message persistes, reqwuiring me to reinstall PF3 to start over.

I'd appreciate some help. Many thanks

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Hot Keys unresponsive and a few other problems - New User
Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:59 pm
Site Admin

Firstly please zip and attach the debug log files from your PF3\Logs folder, otherwise we have no way of knowing what is or is not working.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nigel Backwith
Posted: Wed May 08, 2019 9:55 pm

Dave, I hope the attached zipped folder is what you need. Otherwise advise and I'll replicate the problems and send you exactly what you require.

Many thanks for your prompt response. Nigel

Attachments
Logs.zip
(3.62 KiB) Downloaded 173 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 11:43 am
Site Admin

Hi Nigel,

I'm afraid your version of PF3 (V 3.0) is no longer supported so please update to the latest version, which is 3.9. You can do this either by using the 'Check for Updates' button from the main menu screen or by using the cumulative updates link at the top of this forum.

Once you're up to date please try and recreate the problem and then attach the debug log again... the logs attached do not show you attempting to contact ATC

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nigel Backwith
Posted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi Dave

I have updated to the latest version. I'm still having problems. Pf3 won't load. Instead I get an error panel. so I've attached a screen shot of this together with the zipped dumps. I run register.exe as suggested, reload pf3 and reload P3D. I the get a "not enough hotkey slots" message, so close P3D, reopen it and reopen pf3, at which point I get the "run register.exe" message again. I can't get beyond this.

If we can solve this, we can then progress to the original issue of hotkeys being unresponsive and the pf3-display panel showing all frequencies as zeros.

Hope you can help

Nigel

Attachments
Logs (2).zip
(4.99 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
[ attachment ]
Error1.PNG (65.08 KiB) Viewed 3060 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:54 pm
Site Admin

Please try downloading/installing the DirectX for Managed Code Runtimes. You can find the link on the second item of our FAQ's

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Nigel Backwith
Posted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:35 pm

Dave, thank you. This did the trick. Please feel free to close this ticket. Nigel

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: