OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Soft Voice

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
RD700
Post subject: Soft Voice
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:27 am

Just lately my co-pilot and ATC voices sound ok to start with but then the voice volumes get very soft and almost inaudible. Per your FAQs, I've set Sound, Commkunicaitons to "Do nothing". This did not solve the problem. I've adjusted every volume control, switch, % to Reduce ATC Volume when TGS is active, updated drivers, and settings in my addons. I've changed the order that I load software, all to no avail. Here is what I am running when I have the problem. Win 10, Prepar3d 4.4, PMDG NGX, FS2CREW Reboot, FlyInside, Active Sky, Rex Skyforce 3D. Sometimes the volume is normal at start, sometimes soft. Sometimes it fades out at taxi when TGS starts. I've set TGS volume reduction at 1% and 99%. Neither helps. I've set FS2CREW to not reduce other volumes. I've adjusted all the sounds in PMDG setup. PF3 is version 3.9.0. FSUIPC is latest, 5.151 version. Audio drivers, video drivers are current as of this post.

Problem seems to occur when FS2CREW is used--at least the few times I've tested that. Also, PF3 seems to work fine with other aircraft. I realize the answer may be Don't use FS2CREW. But I'm hoping for the slight possibity that there is another answer.

Thanks in advance.

rd

Profile Quote
pasterke
Post subject: Re: Soft Voice
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:04 am

from the FAQ :

Q: Just lately my co-pilot and ATC voices sound ok to start with but then the voice volumes get very soft and almost inaudible.

A: This is possibly Windows thinking that the ATC voices are some sort of telephony. A possible solution is to right-click on the speaker icon in the tray, click on Sounds, select the "Communications" tab and change "When Windows detects communications activity:" from "Reduce the volume ..." to "Do nothing".

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:59 am

This may well be a Win 10 issue. I am struggling to resolve a similar problem. In my case the volume randomly drops on FDC co pilot and at other times on FsCaptain. This is obviously an app conflict with allocating sounds which causes one to over ride the other. Still working on it.
Not that this helps you but thought i'd mention it. Only had the problem on and off since Windows updates after Christmas.

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RD700
Posted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:15 pm

Thanks Patrick. But if you refer to the first line in my post, I did set sounds to "Do nothing", but that had no effect. And I have verified multiple times that the "Do nothing" is set. It is.

I believe it is a conflict with other sofeware, most likely FS2Crew, because PF3 is fine when I do not use the FS2crew. I would just like to find the conflict because I like running "full up" sims.

Profile Quote
Sabretooth78
Posted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:00 am

I have been experiencing similar behavior since Windows updated recently (amongst other issues it has caused). It seems to happen only when I have the PF3 audio output redirected to my headset using AudioRouter. The only workaround I have presently is to just route it through the main speakers (as it does default) but it's virtually unintelligible over the drone of the engines, rendering the whole thing virtually useless unless I want to religiously monitor the "last 10 communications" window. This is also with Windows sound/communication settings set to "do nothing".

I had read in the feature suggestions thread that the possibility to route the default sound output was being considered. It seems this would solve my problem, or at least go a long way towards it. Any update on the possibility of such a feature?

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:30 pm

Glad it's not just me having similar issues,i've adjusted my sound card properties in Sound Blaster,you name it,i've done it...with not much success either.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Sabretooth78
Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:34 am

I've found that toggling the windows communication setting to something other than "do nothing", hit apply, and then switch it back to "do nothing" and then applying fixes it - for that run of windows anyway. After a reboot it seems to be a crapshoot as to whether the setting will hold.

Profile Quote
Rob Parker
Posted: Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:12 pm

Sabretooth78 wrote: *  Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:34 am
I've found that toggling the windows communication setting to something other than "do nothing", hit apply, and then switch it back to "do nothing" and then applying fixes it - for that run of windows anyway. After a reboot it seems to be a crapshoot as to whether the setting will hold.
Thanks for this tip. It seems to work. I don't mind if I have to do this on each flight. The sound issues have been driving me crazy for months.

Profile Quote
Rob Parker
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Dave

I think this is important enough to make a 'Sticky'. Just carrying out these small steps, which take seconds, at the start of each session have completely cured these sound issues which I've had for months. I can't be the only one and the solution takes a bit of hunting down once it gets buried on other pages. I'm back to loving PF3 all over again.

Cheers

Rob

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:57 pm
Site Admin

I've added it to our list for FAQ updates, which should be done quite soon

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: