OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Speed Nag (timer)?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: Speed Nag (timer)?
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:18 pm

I find myself asking all these 'newbie' questions because (as I said before), using PF3 in X-Plane, I rarely look 'under the bonnet' of PF3 these days and seem to have forgotten some things that I was once OK with. Sorry! :oops: (Apologies also if I have asked this before - I couldn't locate a thread if so).

Is there some way to increase the time before ATC gives a 250 speed 'nag'? Many of the a/c in XP11 react realistically and are slower to adjust their speed when starting to climb than PF3 is to 'tell the pilot off'! For example, level at 5000' and flying at 250 KIAS... when ATC tells you to climb, the autopilot response is to increase throttles rather sooner than initiate the climb. This means that the speed goes over 250 for several seconds - which short time is long enough for PF3 to chip in with its nag. I'd really like there to be a 30" delay at least, to let the a/c stabilise. Is that possible currently? I see ALT nag settings, but nothing in the ini file for speed.

Thank you.

Martin

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Speed Nag (timer)?
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:33 pm

The only way i can see is to change the "No speed restriction" calls to 100% to turn it off for now, unless Dave M has a solution.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi!

Be really nice if Dave M were able to add a speed nag delay too in the next update, for the reasons I gave? ;) I wouldn't want to be told 'no speed restrictions' 100% of the time..

Thanks.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:35 am

How about setting your speed to 240 instead of 250? So your autopilot / autothrottle should be able to stay below 250 in any case.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:46 pm

Well, the speed and altitude constraints are usually set by the FMC after adding SIDs/STARs - I would either need to disengage the CLB function and use the V/S, or set up manual speed restrictions in the FMC every single flight (they are usually automatically set to 250 @ <10000'). That would be a bit of a pain to be honest (much more than getting a nag from PF3!). :)

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:32 pm

From my experience using the PMDG 737 the FMC also often (but not always) does this.

But if you look at the charts there are often restrictions that the FMC does not account for.

I would say I change the Speed on the FMC 90 percent of the time which becomes a natural part of the flight planning.

Just my 2 pennorth.

Kind regards

Steve

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:51 pm

This is in X-Plane.. I do sometimes change the speed restrictions, but often there is no reason to do so. Well, it's up to Dave. There are user options to change other 'nags' in PF3 and IMHO it would be good to have one for the speed too - setting the nag to 30" would resolve this minor annoyance. If for any reason Dave doesn't want to add one, that's OK of course, not a huge issue!

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:45 pm
Site Admin

Just turn it off for now.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:08 pm

I can't see how to turn it off.. am I going blind? (Not at my sim PC as I write this to double check).... Alt Nag, Hdg Nag, OK: but where do I turn off Speed nag? Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:01 am
Site Admin

As Dave L said, set 'No speed restriction' to 100% which effectively turns the nag off.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: