OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Skipping waypoints?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: Skipping waypoints?
Posted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:38 pm

It is not uncommon of course, in real-world aviation, that ATC will allow aircraft to take 'shortcuts' by skipping one or more waypoints and so having a more direct route..

How is this modelled in PF3, if at all? There's no way to request this from PF3 ATC ('skip next waypoint'), is there (via a hotkey somehow)?

If you skip a waypoint anyway, perhaps by using the DIR key in the FMC, how do you 'square' this with PF3? The past few times I have tried jumping ahead, ATC gave me no further climb instructions - presumably the programme is still waiting fro me to reach the waypoint I 'missed'?

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Skipping waypoints?
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:00 am

martinlest wrote: *  Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:38 pm
How is this modelled in PF3, if at all? There's no way to request this from PF3 ATC ('skip next waypoint'), is there (via a hotkey somehow)?
You can request direct to a waypoint in your flight plan using the default key sequence Ctrl/Shft/D (see p. 98 in the User Guide for more info). The remaining waypoints in your flight plan will be presented in sequence and you choose which waypoint you want to be the active ("Direct to") waypoint.

Off-topic but after all this time I should thank you for sharing your XML TGS click-spot with us. I use it often, so it's much appreciated. :)

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:24 pm

OK, thanks for that.

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:17 pm

I skip way points by deleting them from the P3Dv4 flight plan.

Profile Quote
cmg344
Posted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:00 pm

JohnY wrote: *  Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:17 pm
The safest method. No doubt about it. :lol:

Do not get me wrong, JohnY, it's that your logic is overwhelming and direct. Things would be infinitely easier that way.

Kind regards,

Carlos

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:01 pm

Quote:
I am not sure how that would help 'on the fly'... The issue (such as it was) was about skipping a waypoint in a pln format flight plan that is already loaded into PF3 and up and running.

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:31 am

Yes, well, its all about planning ahead Martinlest!

:lol: cmg344

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:08 pm

Quote:
Yes, well, its all about planning ahead Martinlest!
Well, actually no, it's not. In real-world flights skipping waypoints in a published flightplan is something that ATC gives permission for (or suggests) at that very moment, so as to give the pilots a more direct route. It depends on traffic movement at that time, mostly. Or weather. 'Planning ahead' is not involved. That's why I said 'I am not sure how that would help 'on the fly'...

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:01 pm

The thing is Martinlest, that we're not in the real world here. This is a simulated experience and can't be completely accurate. If it was some, or perhaps, most of us would most likely never get off the ground. Me included!

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:52 am

Quote:
The thing is Martinlest, that we're not in the real world here. This is a simulated experience
Thank you for that. I don't mind admitting that the news has come as quite a shock to me... :shock:

Otherwise, to skip a waypoint.... (yes, it can be done in PF3, as in the real world), see above:
Quote:
You can request direct to a waypoint in your flight plan using the default key sequence Ctrl/Shft/D

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: