OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 crashes on 'connect'

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
martinlest
Post subject: PF3 crashes on 'connect'
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:47 pm

Yesterday, it worked fine. Today, when I connect PF3, it crashes (I changed nothing as far as I know in the interim!). I have tried a number of flight plans and different aircraft... every time I connect PF3 I get the same problem.

I did send the email that the GUI requests, but would really appreciate someone having a look here and see what is going wrong. I am not used to flying without PF3 these days!

Thanks!

Martin

Attachments
pf3_error_report_20190225_131949.zip
(862.22 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: PF3 crashes on 'connect'
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:15 pm

OK, I remembered one thing I did do last night. I added two COM frequencies (via Options 2 menu) to the airport FALE (Durban). I have just deleted those via the PF3 interface, and now there is no crash, PF3 is running again.

I had copied the two frequencies (Ground and Tower) from the real-world data - any idea why they were causing PF3 to CTD?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:57 pm

Possibly a conflict between the frequencies you added and an existing frequency in the sim. I have experienced that before. Try using slightly different frequencies for the added ones and it may work.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:10 pm

Yes, I'll try some other frequency, now I know what the cause is. Odd that that could crash Pf3 though.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:03 pm

Tried the innocuous Ground= 121.90 and Tower = 118.10... PF3 still crashes. Must be something about FALE that PF3 doesn't like? Will have to delete all COM frequencies for that airport again. Unless the logs show a reason for the problem?

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:41 pm

... that leaves me with no ATC - what is the quickest way to get PF3 back 'On Course' in that case, what station should I tune to when there is no ATC at the departure airport? I try as many local airport/approach frequencies I can find but never get any ATC response

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Dave will probably know what the error codes in the log refer to, but I'm afraid I don't. If you are departing from an uncontrolled airport, tune the designated FSS frequency for the airport to open your flight plan. If there is none, use the default FSS frequency 122.2. Once airborne, manually tune Departure frequency and make contact.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:32 pm
Site Admin

Mmmmh, very strange. The error code tells me an array is being busted but it's not possible as it's dynamic so in reality can't be busted.

Please give me an exact step by step account of how to reproduce the problem and I'll see if i can recreate here... if I can I can fix it... if not, well....

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:31 pm

Hi Dave, hope you're keeping well...

I simply added the two COM frequencies to PF3 in the usual way - never had any issue with this before. Whatever frequency I chose, PF3 crashed on connection. When I delete the frequencies, so that all the lines in the PF3 add COM window are blank, then the CTD stops.

With no COM frequencies for FALE (XP11 airport, but that shouldn't matter? As I say, first time I have encountered this: you probably therefore won't be able to recreate this though, as, as far as I am aware, you don't have X-Plane??) I was then unable to connect to any ATC service at all for the whole flight. Even when I arrived at my destination and tuned to the ground frequency shown in PF3, for taxi to gate, no response from PF3. I have the option to have the little audible sound play when I contact ATC, and it sounded every time, so the 'message' was presumably going through.

I attach that log...

Thanks.

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(493 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:26 pm

Just to add... PF3 seems to crash (at any airport) whenever I have manually added any COM frequency via the PF3 interface

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 15 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: