OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Getting climb altitudes in 2000ft increments always.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Iceman
Post subject: Getting climb altitudes in 2000ft increments always.
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Hi All,

I’ve noticed recently that the ATC controller gives me climb/descent altitudes in increments of 2000 feet.

This happens during climb and decent where ATC always clears me in blocks of 2000 ft.

This gets very annoying particularly if in a high performance aircraft that’s climbing or descending rapidly and always levels off. Also ATC always denies any request for a change in altitude.

Thinking something was corrupted inside the software I uninstalled then reinstalled PF3 with all the updates however it’s still the same.

Any ideas
IM

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Getting climb altitudes in 2000ft increments always.
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Is this the same issue?

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2798

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iceman
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:24 pm

Thanks for the reply.

It’s definitely similar to that thread up to the restarting of the the computer, I’ve restarted my computer everyday but PF3 is still clearing me in steps of 2000 feet, climbing and descending.

It’s worth noting though I did adjust the ATC error probability to a lower figure (2%) and the only other thing was to change the check AI runway use to 2 times.

This maybe causing some internal hemorrage to take place. I’ll experiment further.

🙏

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:06 pm

Please confirm if you are using PF3 or PFE so topic can be moved if the latter?..thank you.

Edit:Changed PFE to PF3 to keep it straight.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Iceman
Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:07 am

Sorry I meant PF3.

I think I’ve solved the problem. But what I did to cause the problem (I think) was to make adjustments to the amount of times ATC checks for AI runway use. I changed this to 2 times only which solved my incorrect SID/STAR assignment based on runway use, thanks to a response in another topic.

However even though I had an Aircraft profile set I think PF3 was not seeing it anymore. I removed it and set it up again. Now all is good again. This solved multiple issues such as: 1. Every AI would reply to any ATC instructions with “sorry say again” 2. I was unable to change a cruise altitude. ATC would always say unable at this time. 3. When flying into oceanic airspace ATC would loose me. I’d still get traffic advisory’s and hear other AI chatter but that was it.

Anyway after repairing the aircraft profile it appears to be all great again. Thanks to all who helped with my two topics.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: