OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Oceanic Procedures

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
dtsakiris
Post subject: Oceanic Procedures
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:30 pm

Hello everyone,

the flight in question was a while back, but these questions are nagging at me. I had a number a problems / questions regarding oceanic procedures:

1. When reaching the first waypoint designated as oceanic, I was told to report "XXX".
2. I could hear additional transmissions with my flight number. There might have been an AI flight with the same flight number right behind me, as it was a scheduled flight I undertook, and I could hear his transmissions even over SelCal. Any way to confirm that through the logs?
3. I wasn't able to request a step climb

Please bear in mind that the flight was a month ago, so some details might be sketchy.

Resulting from question 2, I have a feature suggestion: Culling an AI flight with the same flight number.

Also, instead of the SimConnect message stating the flight time in sim, it would be great to have a window outside the sim showing the out/off/on/in times. Thanks!

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Attachments
PF3_Logs_2019-01-11_17-17.zip
(1.81 MiB) Downloaded 187 times

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Oceanic Procedures
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:19 pm
Site Admin

1. Correct
2. You won't here other aircraft whilst on an OP section of the flight
3. You cannot request high/lower altitudes during an OP section, the radio operators are not air traffic controllers.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:49 pm

Ok, thanks!

Profile Quote
dtsakiris
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:29 pm

I'd like to follow up.

I have attached two log files. On the first one (2019-02-22, seem incomplete?), ATC somehow transmitted with my callsign to an AI aircraft, which then answered, after which my FO (PF3) also acknowledged. This also happened, albeit more often, on the flight regarding which I opened this topic.

On the second one (2019-02-23), right after take-off, and before I contacted ANY facility, I received strange requests: Contact approach, runway change, then heading this and heading that. Also, PF3 seems to have lost the freqs for my destination airport.

Can someone please confirm this, and maybe direct me to what I did wrong? Thanks.

Attachments
PF3_Logs_2019-02-23_16-14.zip
(885.03 KiB) Downloaded 175 times
PF3_Logs_2019-02-22_14-26.zip
(1.84 KiB) Downloaded 168 times

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: