OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Gate assignations at destination?

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
martinlest
Post subject: Gate assignations at destination?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:23 pm

As I use PF3 solely for X-Plane 11 these days, I have lost the habit of tweaking various parameters.... I can't find or recall how to change this particular one.

ATC always assigns me a specific gate at my destination, but this has no relevance in X-Plane for most airports. How do I go back to having ATC simply tell me to 'taxi to terminal' (or parking), with no gate number? I have no designated parking active.

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Gate assignations at destination?
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:08 pm

Start by ticking the 'Gate Parking Only' option on the Advanced Options screen; this will give a "Taxi to Terminal" instruction when all gates are occupied but if there is a suitable vacant gate you will still get a gate assignment. In addition you can set a limiting gate preference on the Options #1 screen, TGS section, at left. If you set this to Gate Large or maybe something obscure like Ramp Military Combat, you can probably avoid a gate assignment most of the time. If you do happen to get a gate assignment you can just deactivate TGS (hotkey 1) and taxi at your discretion.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: Gate assignations at destination?
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:55 pm

Thanks Dan

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: