OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Run time error 53

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Egoix
Post subject: Run time error 53
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Hello.
I´ve been trying to activate the extended control sectors in PF3, but every time i click on the extended button i get this error message:

Run time error 53
File not found

And PF3 inmediatly closes. I´ve tried a complete reinstall, but to no avail. I can use the program with the original control sectors, but i should be able to use the extended control sectors and i have no idea what file is missing. Running the "Validate your PF3 installation" gives me a message saying that everything is ok in my installation, and PF3 has all the updates also. Am i the only one with this problem? Any help will be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Run time error 53
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:00 pm

In the PF3\Data folder, there should be a file named Extended_CenterSectors.dat.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Egoix
Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:38 pm

That file was missing from my PF3 data folder, dunno why. Luckily my brother is another registered PF3 user and he has mailed me that pesky file. After putting it in it´s place i can switch to extended control sectors at last! Quite weird, i´ve updated PF3 always with the update button of the main menu without any issues till now. Anyway, glad that the problem got solved. Many thanks! :D

Regards.

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:41 am

Egoix wrote: *  Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:38 pm
Quite weird, i´ve updated PF3 always with the update button of the main menu without any issues till now. Anyway, glad that the problem got solved. Many thanks!
Glad it's fixed. If in the future you do experience any problems with the auto-update function, you can manually run the PF3 cumulative updates (see the Useful Links sticky post and then click on the "Latest Cumulative Updates Package for PF3" link).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: