OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

i can't get past starting flight and then...nothng

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
jbellego
Post subject: i can't get past starting flight and then...nothng
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:19 am

Desktop/W10/PF3/Everything seems to be fine but I don't get a screen with local frequencies, and do not know which frequency to contact. I can hear atc. I have W10. PF3. i tried any number of frequencies I have googled but nope. It is my understanding I would get a screen appearing around 30 seconds after software initiated, with local frequencies. Not saying that that is the issue. I am trying to depart out of Louisville Kentucky's airport, which is my local airport.
everything seems ok but i can't get to start from the get go.
Help is greatly appreciated.
thanks
Jean

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: i can't get past starting flight and then...nothng
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:31 am
Site Admin

Please see the post near the top of this forum titles 'PF3 Support' as we always need to see your debug log when reporting any issues.

So, without the log I have to ask, have you configured PF3 to display these frequencies at start-up?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:25 pm

Open pf3_display.exe in your ...\PF3\PF3_Displayer\ folder.

On the bottom right you have Ctrl Freq, Dept Freq and Dest Freq. Mouseclick on these shows you all the frequencies you need.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:38 pm

Also you mention you can hear ATC, but you want to be sure you are not hearing your sim's default ATC, so turn the volume sliders (in your sim) down for that. After loading a flight plan into PF3, press the "Connect to FS" button and as Dave said hopefully (after a short delay) the frequencies for your departure airport will appear. If they do not, you can use the Display utility after you have connected PF3, as Ralf suggested. Tune Clearance frequency for your departure airport and press 0 to make contact. (Frequencies you obtain from Google or charts may not work.)

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jbellego
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:17 am

I thank all for your help. I really appreciate it.
I am doing better. Slowly but surely. Lol. This is where I am standing after following advise by all of you.
Dave. I zipped and attached the log file. I hope this helps.
I am now able to open and see the pf3 display and respective frequencies.
Here is the problem now: After creating flight plan on FSX and selecting aircraft, opening PF3 and selecting flight, connecting to FSX. All of this with Copilot in Mode 3...I will select Clearance frequency and it will tell me to go to X runway and switch to Departure frequency. Nothing happens after tuning to Departure.
For reference: The flight started at the runway.

I hope all this makes sense and thanks very much!

Jean

Attachments
Logs.zip
(63.71 KiB) Downloaded 198 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:54 am

The Departure frequency is being given to you as part of your clearance, but you do not contact Departure until airborne and this will happen automatically if using Copilot Mode 2 or 3. Once you have obtained your clearance, the subsequent frequency changes and comms should be handled for you.

Suggest you start at a gate at KSDF. Make sure you have weather loaded in your sim, using whichever weather program you use. Tune and contact Clearance as you have done. After your readback of the clearance you will be told to contact Ground frequency for taxi instructions. This should happen automatically; you should not need to tune the frequency manually. Taxi to the starting point for the active runway (the active runway will be specified in your taxi instructions). When you get there, hold just short of the runway and Ground should tell you to contact Tower, but once again this will be done for you. After you receive takeoff clearance, take off and Tower will hand you to Departure once you are airborne (once again this is all done for you).

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jbellego
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:59 am

Thanks Dan. Your advise makes sense and I will try it right away but...is there a reason why I should not start the way I have been? Meaning, right at the runway for an immediate take off?

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:04 am

You can if you want, but it's not very realistic. If you are going to try it, after you have obtained your clearance, manually tune the Tower frequency given in the Display utility and then press 6 to contact Tower and advise ready for departure. You will be given clearance and you will be handed (automatically) to Departure frequency once airborne. You will not need to tune manually.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
jbellego
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:00 am

Ok. Here's what I found out after Dan's last piece of advise. Thanks Dan.
I couldn't find out how to make PF3 to place me at the gate, instead of runway. The only option I found was push back and start, start only, etc. I tried that and did not work. Still got me started at the runway.
That said, I am being asked to tune to clearance and then to departure while on ground and, once that happens, I try tower and/or clearance frequencies, but i get stuck there.
I hope I am making sense.
Thanks all.
Jean

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:54 am

PF3 doesn't place you at the gate; you set your starting position at the gate in FSX before connecting PF3. PF3 will then detect your position. From one of my recent flights, calling for clearance:
Quote:
12/1/2018 12:30:25 PM: 660 - Transcript: 'Clearance Southwest 702 at gate Bravo 5 IFR to Kilo Papa Hotel Lima with information November '

However I failed to notice that in your log, KSDF does not have a Ground frequency. (Sorry, my bad.)
Quote:
Frequencies for WP: 0 KSDF
Mul - 0
Uni - 122.95
Grd - 0
Twr - 124.2
Clr - 126.1
App - 123.67
Dep - 123.67
FSS - 0
so things are a bit different here. Starting at a gate, after tuning Clearance and getting your clearance as before, manually tune Tower frequency and press ZERO to request taxi instructions to the runway. Hopefully you should be good to go from there. This is unusual because there are Clearance and Tower frequencies but no Ground frequency at KSDF and I should have seen that earlier. :oops:

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 19 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: