OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

X-Plane: PFEtoXplane plugin updates for PF3/PFE

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 3 »
martinlest
Post subject: X-Plane: PFEtoXplane plugin updates for PF3/PFE
Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:02 pm

Why this post?

.... I am writing it with the knowledge and permission (encouragement, even!) of both Oncourse Software and the developers of 'PFEtoXplane', the latter being a plugin, available for purchase at SimMarket, which connects PF3 (or PFE) to X-Plane. Having used PF3 for some years with FS9, I was delighted to find this little programme which allows me to continue to fly with PF3 in X-Plane.

Even better: I found that the plugin works really well in nearly all respects. The one real problem however has been that, because there is no equivalent version of Pete Dowson's 'MakeRunways' that will work with X-Plane (providing all the necessary data needed for a PF3 update), the end user cannot update the PF3 database. And attempting to updating the PF3 files manually proved to be a thankless task, to say the least! That meant of course the PF3 database was gradually becoming more and more out of date, in so far as X-Plane is concerned.

The developers of the PFEtoXplane plugin have been very good at providing updates themselves (the plugin is regularly updated on SimMarket, I believe). It was suggested, to assist with this, that this thread be created on the Oncourse forums to allow anyone who uses PFEtoXplane and notices a problem with their PF3 database, to report that problem (for example, missing airport, change of ICAO code, COM frequencies, runway designation, etc.). The developers of PFEtoXplane say they will look here every so often and endeavour to incorporate the changes listed into the plugin.

I am not sure if the updated files will be posted here (you place them in the X-Plane main folder, point PF3 to that folder and run the update through the PF3 interface: works just fine), or whether we will need to download the plugin afresh each time.. no doubt the developer will specify at some stage.

Dave M. has agreed to make this a 'sticky' post, so anyone who has PFEtoXplane (if you fly X-Plane and want use PFE or PF3, then it's an essential purchase of course), please post any corrections and additions you feel need to be made below.

Thanks,

Martin

Profile Quote
martinlest
Post subject: Re: X-Plane: PFEtoXplane plugin updates for PF3/PFE
Posted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:35 am

OK, one to start with:

RJBB: PF3 ATC uses "Rwy06" or "Rwy24". Runways at RJBB are 06L, 06R, 24L & 24R

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:50 pm

Glad to see that everyone is finding this so useful! :lol:

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:21 am

martinlest wrote: *  Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:02 pm
because there is no equivalent version of Pete Dowson's 'MakeRunways' that will work with X-Plane
Does https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... r-x-plane/ work? Or has X-Plane 11 changed too much compared to X-Plane 10?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:48 am

No, that doesn't work for PFE/PF3, unfortunately...

Delhi VIDP, missing runway 09/27.

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:19 am

(VIDP 09/27 is in the runways.dat file, but I don't get the runways as an option when I want to change the assigned departure/landing in PF3, only10/28 & 11/29)

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:46 pm

Does anyone look here I wonder...

Well... SLLP: PF3 has runway 01/19... XP11 has (correctly) this:

10R/28L Asphalt
10L/28R Grass

Thanks

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:27 pm

When I load a flight plan, I often get a PF3 message telling me that a certain airport cannot be found in the database (especially in Africa!). Can I add those myself somehow, or should I post a list here?

Thanks.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:53 am
Site Admin

No you can't add then yourself. As you know pf3 uses the days taken from FS using makerwys. For x-plane you know more than me.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
martinlest
Posted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:17 pm

OK, that's what I thought: well I'll post missing airport ICAOs here and the PFetoXPlane folks may be able to update them at some stage.
Will have to add a new reply each time as of course the replies cannot be edited after a short time.

FMSJ
HKMG
HKKL
HCMB
HCMN

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 3  [ 25 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 3 »
Jump to: