OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums
It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:12 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:21 pm 

Quote:
1. PF3 will use the first one in the list when there's multiple entries
Hmmm, my first flight testing this, and PF3 didn't do that. Here are my entries for Austin, KAUS, in PF3_FS9_Freq.dat:
Code:
KAUS,0,0,"Austin Bergstrom Intl"
KAUS,1,124.40,"KAUS"
KAUS,3,122.95,"AUSTIN BERGSTROM INTL"
KAUS,5,121.70,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,5,121.90,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,6,121.00,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,6,118.22,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,7,125.50,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,8,118.80,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,8,119.00,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,9,118.80,"AUSTIN"
KAUS,9,119.00,"AUSTIN"
Yet, at the runway, ATC asked 'Contact tower on 118.22' (the identifier '6'). I was expecting 121.00, which would have worked in XP.

Maybe I need to delete any frequencies in the dat file which are not in XP11 (like 118.22, above)? Would deleting those have any 'undesirable consequences' that you can foresee?

Attach a log file, in case it's needed.

Martin

Attachments:
debug_monitor.zip [656.02 KiB]
Downloaded 2 times

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:53 pm 

Just occurs to me that it might be a lot easier to do this via the PF3 interface (Options 2: 'Add a new facility frequency')? If I add clearance, ground & tower frequencies there, taking the data from X-Plane, to an airport that already has all the Comm frequencies anyway, will the ones I enter always be used in PF3? In other words, does the data in the user_facilities.dat file always override whatever is in the PF3_FS9_Freq.dat file? (It's not just to fill in missing frequencies?).

I'd also ideally need to check centre frequencies en route, but I think that is going to get way too complicated!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:54 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Quote:
1. PF3 will use the first one in the list when there's multiple entries
Hmmm, my first flight testing this, and PF3 didn't do that. Here are my entries for Austin, KAUS, in PF3_FS9_Freq.dat:
In which case I got it wrong and it uses the last entry... I didn't check and my grey matter let me down again! :oops:

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:57 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Just occurs to me that it might be a lot easier to do this via the PF3 interface (Options 2: 'Add a new facility frequency')? If I add clearance, ground & tower frequencies there, taking the data from X-Plane, to an airport that already has all the Comm frequencies anyway, will the ones I enter always be used in PF3? In other words, does the data in the user_facilities.dat file always override whatever is in the PF3_FS9_Freq.dat file? (It's not just to fill in missing frequencies?).

I'd also ideally need to check centre frequencies en route, but I think that is going to get way too complicated!
User entries override the defaults. However, it's not quite as easy as that, because PF3 will also scan all frequencies for a flight and handle any duplicates it may find, which believe it or not seems to occur quiet FREQuently so you can never be 1oo% sure what you enter is what you get. :o

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

Without a log it didn't happen!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:12 pm 

Oh, I see. Well, I will try the user frequencies and see how it goes, otherwise I'll backup the files I have and then delete all but one XP11 entry in the freq dat file. Only problem is I am not sure how X=Plane deals with the same thing - that is, how it selects a COM frequency when there is more than one for the same facility.

Thanks!