OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

holding procedure due to bad weather at the airport

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Grzegorz
Post subject: holding procedure due to bad weather at the airport
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Hello.
The question concerns procedures in real life
Yesterday I made a flight to Warsaw (EPWA). Storms and heavy rain rained above Poland. Because the wind force exceeded the limits for landing, I had to wait a while in the holding - of course I did it without the consent of ATC because it seems to me that in PF3 it is not possible
My question concerns ATC procedures related to the expectation of an improvement in weather conditions - it will also provide for the possibility of PF3 simulation.
In case of bad weather conditions such as wind exceeding the landing limits, do the crew ask ATC to wait and improve the conditions or ATC decide to send a plane to the holding company?
Does PF3 allow holding a simulation according to the scenario described above?

Regards
Grzegorz

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: holding procedure due to bad weather at the airport
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:39 pm

Grzegorz wrote: *  Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:46 pm
My question concerns ATC procedures related to the expectation of an improvement in weather conditions
Does PF3 allow holding a simulation according to the scenario described above?
PF3 doesn't have information about expected future weather conditions and the weather in your sim may or may not change, depending on how frequently your weather program performs updates and how often the METARs themselves are updated. In most cases if the weather is bad at your destination you can choose to either go around and re-try the approach, or divert to your alternate airport.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Grzegorz
Post subject: Re: holding procedure due to bad weather at the airport
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:23 am

Thank You for clarification

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: