OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Climb Instructions

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Kalorien
Post subject: Climb Instructions
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:43 am

Hi,

I only fly jets with an climb rate of 1200 ft/m to 3500 ft/m more or less. The ATC is always much too late for the next step. Climbing after T/O to, let´s say 8000ft, I always! have to reduce the climb rate or even stop climbing before the sleepy ATC instructs me to climb further. I know another ATC program which doesn´t do that. I don´t need to level off, stay there for half a minute and climb to the next level. In reality the ATC will contact the aircraft before it has to level off. Of course there are situations like weather or other crossing aircraft etc. which makes the ATC force you to stay at a certain altitude, but not always.
I think it has something to do with the aircraft profile? If the ATC knows the climbrate, it might be possible to make contact a bit earlier? If this would be fixed, I really like PF3.

Thanks
Peter

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Post subject: Re: Climb Instructions
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:01 am

Have you created a profile for your jet on the flightplan page...where you can specify climb/descent rate that usually helps to regulate your climb to desired altitude and reduce any time where you are waiting for further instructions.
I have mine set around 1100 Ft/PM for climb and descent.
Also can you supply ALL logs with any issues including your FPP folder, without such items we can't get a proper view of what is going on.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Kalorien wrote: *  Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:43 am
Climbing after T/O to, let´s say 8000ft, I always! have to reduce the climb rate or even stop climbing before the sleepy ATC instructs me to climb further.
When you are flying a SID and reach your initial clearance altitude, you may need to level off for a very short period of time before getting clearance to resume climbing. This doesn’t happen all the time but is consistent with situations where some SIDs have a published "top altitude" that the aircraft cannot exceed without getting further ATC clearance (the idea being to keep departures below inbound traffic that is descending). When this happens the departing aircraft needs to level off until cleared to continue climbing.

Two planes got too close above Houston airport: FAA

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Kalorien
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:20 pm

Dave Leesley wrote: *  Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:01 am
Have you created a profile for your jet on the flightplan page...where you can specify climb/descent rate that usually helps to regulate your climb to desired altitude and reduce any time where you are waiting for further instructions.
Yes I did, according to our PF3 User Guide, Page 134, 20.1 Executing a Flightplan, saved in the button "Save these settings...". My Climbrate is about 2500ft/m, descend is 1900ft/m. That should be fine for a jet like an Airbus 319, roundabout...

To provide you with logs, which setting is needed in the debug level? It´s zero now, should it be 3 or more? I will try level 2 for the next flight. Hope that´s enough.

Peter

Profile Quote
Dave Leesley
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:18 pm

2 will be ok.

Regards Dave
Forum Moderator

[ img ]
[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction: