OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

resume nav, backtrack, 2 minute rule

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
TheDuke
Post subject: resume nav, backtrack, 2 minute rule
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:25 am

Although I reported this issue directly by email, after updating to 3.8.4, ATC is still giving a 'resume own navigation' in the SID. As real world controllers confirmed to me, this phrase can only happen if you are vectored before that. If you fly a standard SID or STAR you will never hear that phrase. It looks to me that the phrase comes earlier than before. Maybe getting rid of it is a bit complex and still on the list.

Many RWYs have a holding point 'somewhere in the middle' or at least not near the beginning of the active. Switching from Ground to Tower (without being told to) and hitting '6' works fine and I realize that the word 'backtrack' is not in the voice sets. Since PF3 'knows' where exactly my position is while taxiing, and PF3 'knows' the layout of the airport, it must be possible for PF3 to discover that the aircraft is at the holding point for the active runway and switch from ground to tower in time and afterwards give a takeoff clearence. But hey, that pure luxury. ;-)

When I'm in line behind AI at the holding point I get the 'line up' call right after the AI departed. Nice. But that is directly followed by the takeoff clearence. There is a 2 minute rule for bigger aircraft. In my case I was cleared for takeoff (Q400) right after a departing C206 (or something small like that). If I had not waited for at least two minutes, I probably would have come very close to the Cessna (Traffic, traffic). Would be nice if PF3 waited a while with the TO clearence.

Dirk

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8 GHz; MSI Z270 Gaming Pro; 16 GB; Hydro H60 cooler; MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8GB; 2*SSD; 2*HDD; 32" monitor; P3D v4.1; ORBX Global, -Vector, -Europe, -Can/N-US, Chaseplane. Notebook: AS4-ASCA, AivlaSoft EFB v.1, PF3 ATC.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: resume nav, backtrack, 2 minute rule
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:41 am
Site Admin

Thanks for your comments

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
massimo390
Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:55 pm

TheDuke wrote: *  Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:25 am
Although I reported this issue directly by email, after updating to 3.8.4, ATC is still giving a 'resume own navigation' in the SID. As real world controllers confirmed to me, this phrase can only happen if you are vectored before that. If you fly a standard SID or STAR you will never hear that phrase. It looks to me that the phrase comes earlier than before. Maybe getting rid of it is a bit complex and still on the list.

Many RWYs have a holding point 'somewhere in the middle' or at least not near the beginning of the active. Switching from Ground to Tower (without being told to) and hitting '6' works fine and I realize that the word 'backtrack' is not in the voice sets. Since PF3 'knows' where exactly my position is while taxiing, and PF3 'knows' the layout of the airport, it must be possible for PF3 to discover that the aircraft is at the holding point for the active runway and switch from ground to tower in time and afterwards give a takeoff clearence. But hey, that pure luxury. ;-)

When I'm in line behind AI at the holding point I get the 'line up' call right after the AI departed. Nice. But that is directly followed by the takeoff clearence. There is a 2 minute rule for bigger aircraft. In my case I was cleared for takeoff (Q400) right after a departing C206 (or something small like that). If I had not waited for at least two minutes, I probably would have come very close to the Cessna (Traffic, traffic). Would be nice if PF3 waited a while with the TO clearence.

Dirk
I do have the same issues.

Profile Quote
Rustydog
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:31 am

Not sure it is an issue as such as Dave has responded but...….I must admit having the resume navigation only after vectoring would seem more appropriate. We do get a climb instruction immediately afterwards so this alone would probably suffice for SIDs.
Regards Steve

Flying Daily, sometimes twice.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: