OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

ATC Comms Stopped

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
ScottecLEMG
Post subject: ATC Comms Stopped
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Guys

I persevere with this software but, and this may be down to me, on at least every flight something does not work.

Today I flew EGPF-LEMG. Flight plan loaded into PF3 OK, contacted EGPF ground by using the 0 'Zero' key, everything worked perfectly, even the correct SID for departure. I did not alter any altitudes in the plan, I just left PF3 do its work.

All good comms al the way down over the UK, France and the Bay of Biscay and into Northern Spain but then comms just disappeared. I had AI aircraft flying with me most of the way but nothing.

I opened the sim ATC window to see what center I was tuned to and it was telling me to tune to another center so it looks like PF3 missed a change somewhere. Even quitting and reloading PF3 had no effect.

I know I need to zip up files for you to look at but cannot remember which, if you let me know I will send these on.

Thanks

Ken

Ken Brattey

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Post subject: Re: ATC Comms Stopped
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:37 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.

The PF3/Logs/ folder is most important, the Flight/FPP/ folder is sometimes useful, too.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ScottecLEMG
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:56 pm

So, I tried another flight today and got as far as the taxi instructions from LEMG out to Runway 13...except that the TGS tried to take me to Runway 12. When I carried on to Runway 13 all comms disappeared, no call from ground to call tower. Departed anyway as I was not going to reload the flight. Using Zero (0) to try and tune into next service had no effect. Then my sim crashed. At this rate I am going back to the standard ATC which takes no time to set up.

I am sure this software is great when it works, but in all the time I have owned it I think I have managed one successful flight. There are just too many steps involved to create one flight and, if you miss a step it´s back to the beginning. Surely there must be an easier way for this software to work? If this was integrated with NavData then that would take a chunk of the work out - too much typing involved.

I have attached the log log files and FPP files from today.

Thanks

Ken

Attachments
PF3.zip
(78.54 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

Ken Brattey

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:19 am
Site Admin

Well Ken I'm finding your posts a little confusing. You say you got taxi instructions to runway 13 but that is not shown in either log (current or old). In fact in both logs you actually started the flight at around 18,000' so why on earth would you do that?

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ScottecLEMG
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:02 pm

Well, there in lies the problem. The log files are only showing once I tried to reconnect PF3 following loss of comms on the ground. I didn't start the flight at 18,000 feet I started at Gate 46 at LEMG. I received clearance correctly, then after push and start I pressed 0 to get taxi clearance which was received directing me to RWY 13, which was correct for my flightplan.

However, after this point the TGS audio tried to direct me to RWY 12, based on the taxiway instructions, which I ignored. Eventually TGS gave me instructions that I was to turn left to hold RWY 13, which I did, but never received change to Tower instructions.

At this point I got bored and departed RWY 13.

Now, I will hold my hand up honestly and say that this could be user error, if it is then smack my wrists.

I have since downloaded and rebuilt the database again and also noticed that Make runways comes with Lorby to check for all other sceneries installed, so this may answer the mis direction from TGS. But

The next time I fly I am going to use the PF3 displayer to see exactly what´s happening. At least I might know how to reconnect comms.

FYI, I am not a novice simmer, but most certainly a novice PF3 user...even although I have had the software for over a year.

Thanks

Ken

Ken Brattey

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:47 pm
Site Admin

Not sure how TGS could send you to runway 12 as that doesn't exist.

With regard to being handed off to tower when you reach the runway, if that doesn't happen automatically (and it won't if PF3 doesn't believe you are close enough to the assigned runway) all you need do is tune to Tower then hit Hotkey #6 to tell them you are ready for takeoff.

Should you experience this issue again, before you reconnect PF3 please make a copy of the debug log so you can send it in with your report

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ScottecLEMG
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Thanks David

RWY 12 does exist as I use Simwings addon LEMG. However, as previously mentioned, I downloaded the latest MakeRunways which also includes a program to scan for all addon scenery, which it has done as I can see this now in the runways.csv file.

Reran the flight today, LEMG-LEBB, using the PF3_display (which helps a lot) and I managed a flight with remarkably good results.

I guess I just need more practice. The PF3_display really did help and I shall use that from now on until I get used to all the different available commands.

One request, how often do you update airline callsigns? Vueling is missing from the list!

Thanks again.

Ken

PS I´ve attached today's log file, maybe you can check this to see that all was good or any recommendations.

Attachments
PF3.zip
(755.12 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

Ken Brattey

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:15 am
Site Admin

Quote:
One request, how often do you update airline callsigns? Vueling is missing from the list!
Unfortunately this would require us to contact everyone of the 119 volunteer voice authors to record any new callsigns... a task which is highly unlikely to succeed.

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: