OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

KSEA to KFCA

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
JohnY
Post subject: KSEA to KFCA
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:07 pm

This was a successful VFR flight to a really beautiful valley airport. However, I was bugged by a continual nag to fly at 8000' IFR and something to do with restricted airspace but although I pressed damn near every button and combination I could find but it continued until I was about to 20nm out from the destination.

Can you provide comments please and perhaps tell me what I should have done?

Thanks.

Log attached.

John

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(409.3 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: KSEA to KFCA
Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:24 pm

The altitude at which you are handed to Center (8000 by default) is the upper limit for VFR. If you climb above 8000 you will be prompted to switch to IFR.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 am

Oh, Blimey! No wonder I got all those messages. I need to remember that. Hm, with my memory nowadays?!! I could have easily flown IFR but I rather like the freedom occasionally that VFR gives.

Thanks Dan.

John

PS - I'm mot sure I could have cleared the mountains I was flying over at 8000' although I will admit I didn't really need the 18,000' I flew at.

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 pm

JohnY wrote: *  Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 am
Oh, Blimey! No wonder I got all those messages. I need to remember that. Hm, with my memory nowadays?!! I could have easily flown IFR but I rather like the freedom occasionally that VFR gives.

Thanks Dan.

John

PS - I'm mot sure I could have cleared the mountains I was flying over at 8000' although I will admit I didn't really need the 18,000' I flew at.

Are you aware that you can increase the Center altitude under Options #2 - Control Center Mappings and Altitude Setting?
So by increasing the Center altitude you can extend your VFR flying to higher altitudes if you wish to do so.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
JohnY
Posted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks for this. I didn't know that the altitudes can be increased.

John

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: