OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Saving Flight Plans

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
planenut
Post subject: Saving Flight Plans
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:12 pm

I'm new to PF3 and am trying to understand how to save and load flight plans. I know that any flightplan I generate and save with the P3D flight planner that I can access through PF3. I have my flight plan path as: E:\Jim\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Files\ so no problem there. Some planes such as the PMDG 737ngx and the Quality Wings 787 have their own flight plan paths. So am I correct in assuming that I have to change the Flight Plan Path in PF3 in order to load a flight plan from these planes?

Also, how do I apply flight plans from planes that don't have way to save them to a file. For example, suppose I create a flight plan using SimBrief using say a Carenado plane. How do I get that flightplan into PF3?
Hope I've made my questions clear enough so you can understand what I'm getting at. Thanks for any guidance.

Jim

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Saving Flight Plans
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:19 pm
Site Admin

The best thing to do would be to have all you flight plans in the dame folder then you wouldn't have to mess about changing the flight plan path in PF3.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
planenut
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 am

Hey Dave,

That sounds like a simple solution but it doesn't work for me. Using SimBrief for flight planning I can load a FP into the planes ok and they work but the only FP's that show up in PF3 are the ones that I create with the P3D Flight Planner. No other FP's show up in PF3 no matter what Flight Plan Path I select. Take for instance the Quality Wings 787. I create a FP in SimBrief, save it, and export it using the proper path for QW 787. I can set the QW FP path in PF3 but the FP doesn't show up. That's the main problem I'm having. Just can't get the FP's (except FP's created with P3D Flight Planner) to show up in PF3. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Jim

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:19 am

Do they have a .pln extension?

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
planenut
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:26 am

No. The QW797 has a .rte extension and the Majestsic Q400 has a .fpr extension.

Jim

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:32 am

planenut wrote: *  Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:26 am
No. The QW797 has a .rte extension and the Majestsic Q400 has a .fpr extension.
Try exporting them with the pln extension for use with PF3.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
planenut
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:56 am

OK. I'll try that tomorrow. Thanks.

Jim

Profile Quote
RALF9636
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:37 am

planenut wrote: *  Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 am
Hey Dave,

That sounds like a simple solution but it doesn't work for me. Using SimBrief for flight planning I can load a FP into the planes ok and they work but the only FP's that show up in PF3 are the ones that I create with the P3D Flight Planner. No other FP's show up in PF3 no matter what Flight Plan Path I select. Take for instance the Quality Wings 787. I create a FP in SimBrief, save it, and export it using the proper path for QW 787. I can set the QW FP path in PF3 but the FP doesn't show up. That's the main problem I'm having. Just can't get the FP's (except FP's created with P3D Flight Planner) to show up in PF3. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Jim
PF3 will only read pln-files.
With SimBrief you can easily create a pln-file in addition to your aircraft specific flightplan file. Just do that for every flightplan you create and export the pln-files to the default location where PF3 will read them by default.
No need to fiddle around with paths at all.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
planenut
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Could you give me a little more guidance in how to do this with the SimBrief Downloader? What steps are involved? Thanks

Jim

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 pm

I don't use the downloader but I think if you export the flight plan in P3D format to the correct folder it should work. You can set this up the same way you have set up the downloads for your aircraft. (Maybe someone who uses it can provide more detailed instructions.)

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: