OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Overflow Error

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
HeasoAir
Post subject: Overflow Error
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:35 am

Hi

I've been using PF3 quite happily now for ages on a networked setup but as of yesterday I now receive a Runtime Error '6' Overflow immediately after I see the PF3 initialising message in the Remote Text window. The only change I have made to my setup in recent times has been to install the demo version of Aivlasoft EFB but up until yesterday I had been able to complete several flights using it and PF3 with no issues.

I did deactivate PF3 and performed a reinstall although I could not do a complete uninstall as it said this was only possible with Win 7/64. However after the reinstall I did try with a fairly vanilla setup of FSX with no addons except PF3 but still received the same error.

My current network configuration is as follows

FSX PC - Win 7/64, Spad.neXt, AS16, EFBv2 Server

AddOn PC - Win 7/32, WideFS, PF3-ATC, EFBv2 Client

Log files attached.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Regards
Ian

Attachments
PF3 Logs.zip
(25.73 KiB) Downloaded 104 times

Profile Quote
HeasoAir
Post subject: Re: Overflow Error
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:28 am

Further update to problem.

I had been using the AcarsX window without problems until yesterday but have found that turning OFF this feature seems to resolve the Overflow issue. However as I am using a client PC I would rather prefer to continue to use the AcarsX window.

Regards
Ian

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:30 am
Site Admin

Of course you are now using PF3 3.8 so we need to ensure it is not a problem introduced by our latest update. The last entry in your log file is...
Quote:
Displaying PF3 ACARS window...
...and that doesn't tell me anything. So first. please try turning that option off to see if that is the cause of the problem. Otherwise please let me have the EXACT error message or preferably provide a screen shot.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
HeasoAir
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 am

ISSUE RESOLVED (I think)

As the Overflow error was occurring when PF3 was attempting to display the AcarsX window with the Departure Airport frequencies after connecting to FSX. On a hunch I tried changing the AcarsTop and AcarsLeft values in the PF3.ini file as I use two monitors on the PF3 PC and the original window location was to the far right of the extended screen (AcarsLeft=42795, AcarsTop=5880). Anyway changing these values to somewhere on the first monitor (AcarsLeft=14325, AcarsTop=6765) appears to have fixed the problem, now when I start PF3 the AcarsX window appears as expected displaying the Comms information. I just need to check that the inflight ACARS ATIS report works.

I hope this makes sense.
Ian

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:44 pm
Site Admin

Great, glad you have it working properly again. Thanks for letting us know

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: