OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Irregular climb profile with version 3.80

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
RALF9636
Post subject: Re: Irregular climb profile with version 3.80
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:10 pm

I've made a lot of flights out of LOWI. I never touch the climb profile. I always keep the cruise level set for the first waypoint. Also I never define an End of SID.
I never had a problem out of LOWI. In the rare cases when the initial altitude clearance was below 9500 I always got a higher clearance shortly after reaching the initial altitude.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
A320Flyer
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:00 pm

Tried that - still the same error message.

Attachments
[ attachment ]
FP2.jpg (105.23 KiB) Viewed 5237 times

Profile Quote
A320Flyer
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:05 pm

I sometimes have problems with the cleared altitude out of LOWI (see post : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2937)

Apparently there was a problem with the Centre TA v. the Airport TA that was fixed in this latest release but this new problem "Irregular Climb Profile" has replaced it.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:32 pm
Site Admin

As Ralph said, leave the climb profile alone till you get the next fix. The last pic you uploaded shows you are still trying to change it.

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
7X7VirtualPilot
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:53 pm

Dave,

Another hand up for the fix. Am always adjusting altitudes as the sids have an end altitude, e.g. out of EGLL, the UMLA1F. Per published SID supposed to cross UMLAT at 6000. The Waypoint Altitude Adjustment panel shows the first waypoint as EGLL at 83 Cur Alt. Then immediately goes to 35000 at the next waypoint, D270D, which is just beginning the SID (why not 34000 as I'm flying east to west? and 34000 is what my flight plan has for the initial cruise altitude?). Anyway I prefer not to go above 6000 until after UMLAT. Am I correct in thinking that the Cur Alt shown on the panel is not necessarily supposed to match the alt in the flight plan? The way points are fine, but the altitudes always set at 35000 until nearing the destination. Life would be much easier if they did match the flight plan or at least the initial cruise altitude.

Thanks for your help,
George

[ img ]

Capt George - @7x7VirtualPilot

Profile Quote
A320Flyer
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 pm

I tried leaving the first WP alt unchanged and the initial clearance was ok (cleared to FL190). However, I'm not convinced it will always be ok. My previous experience is that you sometimes don't get cleared to a sufficient altitude prior to RTT (first waypoint/end of SID). I thought the ability to change the alt was so that you would always get the profile you wanted/needed for the SID. The workaround is messy and not at all intuitive.

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:52 pm
Site Admin

7X7VirtualPilot wrote: *  Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:53 pm
Dave,

Another hand up for the fix. Am always adjusting altitudes as the sids have an end altitude, e.g. out of EGLL, the UMLA1F. Per published SID supposed to cross UMLAT at 6000. The Waypoint Altitude Adjustment panel shows the first waypoint as EGLL at 83 Cur Alt. Then immediately goes to 35000 at the next waypoint, D270D, which is just beginning the SID (why not 34000 as I'm flying east to west? and 34000 is what my flight plan has for the initial cruise altitude?). Anyway I prefer not to go above 6000 until after UMLAT. Am I correct in thinking that the Cur Alt shown on the panel is not necessarily supposed to match the alt in the flight plan? The way points are fine, but the altitudes always set at 35000 until nearing the destination. Life would be much easier if they did match the flight plan or at least the initial cruise altitude.

Thanks for your help,
George
The altitudes are set by PF3 and are best left as they are to ensure you get a good step climb to your cruise

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:58 pm
Site Admin

A320Flyer wrote: *  Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 pm
My previous experience is that you sometimes don't get cleared to a sufficient altitude prior to RTT (first waypoint/end of SID).
Maybe ATC had a very good reason to keep you at a certain altitude
Quote:
I thought the ability to change the alt was so that you would always get the profile you wanted/needed for the SID.

It is
Quote:
The workaround is messy and not at all intuitive.
It's not messy.... you leave it alone! :)

Cheers

Dave March

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:04 pm

A320Flyer wrote: *  Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:40 pm
I tried leaving the first WP alt unchanged and the initial clearance was ok (cleared to FL190). However, I'm not convinced it will always be ok. My previous experience is that you sometimes don't get cleared to a sufficient altitude prior to RTT (first waypoint/end of SID). I thought the ability to change the alt was so that you would always get the profile you wanted/needed for the SID.
The ability to adjust the first waypoint altitude will hopefully be fixed soon. However, if you want to guarantee that you are cleared to a particular altitude for a SID, you enter it on the SID/STAR page, next to the specific runways (after entering the ICAO code for your departure airport). See the user guide pp. 44-45 for more info. If you just enter an altitude for your first waypoint, it is possible you may be stepped up to it rather than cleared directly, so if terrain requires you to climb quickly you should enter the altitude on the SID/STAR page.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
A320Flyer
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:16 pm

Quote:
Maybe ATC had a very good reason to keep you at a certain altitude
But you should be able to override those good reasons if they are not good enough!
Quote:
It is
Yes, but if you try to change it you get the "Irregular Profile" error.
Quote:
It's not messy.... you leave it alone! :)
And sometimes get vectored into mountains??

I think we flying round in circles here? I'll wait for the update when it comes.
Quote:
so if terrain requires you to climb quickly you should enter the altitude on the SID/STAR page.
In the meantime, I'll try this.

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page « 1 2
Jump to: