OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Question on altitude request using the H and L key.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
bobsk8
Post subject: Question on altitude request using the H and L key.
Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:35 pm

Quite a few times, when I want to start a descent or ask for a lower altitude and talking to center, I press and hold the L key and then the 9 key for instance, and after the 9 key is pressed and released, I release the L key. Sometimes, instead of hearing a request for altitude change, lower by 9000 feet, I get a position report announcement , as if I had only hit the 9 key alone without the L key being held while 9 is pressed. If I press L again and press another number key, same thing, it thinks I want the number key request alone, not a change in altitude. It's as if the program is not detecting the L key being pressed and held down at all. On this flight, the next number key that I pressed, requested vectors, and then ATC kept giving me heading changes while I was flying a STAR , so the entire approach was fouled up because of this miscommunication of altitude requests.

Any ideas?

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(433.97 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Question on altitude request using the H and L key.
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:09 am
Site Admin

Is it only the L key you seem to have problems with? What about the H key? To me it sounds like a mechanical problem because if you hold the key down and contact is made then fsuipc will detect it (provided of course your FS app has the focus) and thereafter pf3 will detect it in fsuipc. If it works it works in the software world, it can't be intermittent. But hey, I've been around the block so many times but I'm still never surprised when I bump into something I missed previously! And I've got the bruises to show for it!

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Post subject: Re: Question on altitude request using the H and L key.
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:46 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:09 am
Is it only the L key you seem to have problems with? What about the H key? To me it sounds like a mechanical problem because if you hold the key down and contact is made then fsuipc will detect it (provided of course your FS app has the focus) and thereafter pf3 will detect it in fsuipc. If it works it works in the software world, it can't be intermittent. But hey, I've been around the block so many times but I'm still never surprised when I bump into something I missed previously! And I've got the bruises to show for it!

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk
Could be. I am reassigning the L key to the letter B ( below so I will remember it) and see if that makes a difference. Will report back. Could also be a focus issue, since I am using 2 monitors and several programs running, PF3 and EFB. I will check focus next time this happens, which I don't think I did yesterday, although if it was a focus issue I don't think it would have seen the 9 key either.

Thanks,

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: