OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

PF3 SimmConnect Window Always on top

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 2 of 2  [ 16 posts ]
Jump to page « 1 2
Dave March
Post subject: Re: PF3 SimmConnect Window Always on top
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:30 pm
Site Admin

musky wrote: *  Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:11 pm
I would need to read the manual on setting up remote text on another pc however switching off closed caption mode does seemed to have resolved the issue.

As I write this note I am in the middle of a flight and can hear the ATC chatter and my PF3 instructions in the background but I am not being switched back to the P3D window and it would have been impossible to write this note during a flight before.

Now Dave you have not just provided me with a possible work around to this infuriating issue, but I am thinking this is probably my preferred way of using PF3 from now on. I am losing nothing by using PF3 this way. I just have to issue “Say Again” and I have a written output of all ATC instructions in fact it will make me listen to ATC instructions and not just read them.

I am not going to be able to look at this problem after today for the next few days but I suspect if I do not come up with any dislikes about using PF3 without closed captions I will just continue this way.

Many thanks Dave for your support

Mark
Well if you have another pc you can have the best of both worlds using Remotetext

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:54 pm

dmarch wrote: *  Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:30 pm
I would need to read the manual on setting up remote text on another pc however switching off closed caption mode does seemed to have resolved the issue.

As I write this note I am in the middle of a flight and can hear the ATC chatter and my PF3 instructions in the background but I am not being switched back to the P3D window and it would have been impossible to write this note during a flight before.

Now Dave you have not just provided me with a possible work around to this infuriating issue, but I am thinking this is probably my preferred way of using PF3 from now on. I am losing nothing by using PF3 this way. I just have to issue “Say Again” and I have a written output of all ATC instructions in fact it will make me listen to ATC instructions and not just read them.

I am not going to be able to look at this problem after today for the next few days but I suspect if I do not come up with any dislikes about using PF3 without closed captions I will just continue this way.

Mark
Well if you have another pc you can have the best of both worlds using Remotetext
Please, is it possible to use Remote Text on the same pc (I have 2 screens).
Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
Dave March
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:00 pm
Site Admin

drumsart wrote: *  Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:54 pm
dmarch wrote: *  Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:30 pm

Mark
Please, is it possible to use Remote Text on the same pc (I have 2 screens).
Thank you and Regards,
Absolutely

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
drumsart
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Fine, thank you.
Regards,

Richard Portier
MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU Oc @ 4.5GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB|Windows10Pro64|P3Dv5|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Profile Quote
maddog453
Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:59 pm

I have a problem where ATC volume continues to get lower and I can't hear it.

I saw where someone said it was a windows problem.

Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks

Doug

Profile Quote
musky
Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:41 am

Hi,

Here is the post/solution you are looking for

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2883&p=17502#p17502

Mark

Profile Quote