OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Aivlasoft EFB New version will be out July 1

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Jump to page 1 2 »
bobsk8
Post subject: Aivlasoft EFB New version will be out July 1
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:21 pm

Just discovered that a new version of EFB, V2 will be released in a few days. Flying all the time with PF3, I am going to download the free demo and try it, and from what I have heard, it will be a real advantage for PF3 users. You can load it up with a flightplans, and then it gives you moving maps of the airports, Sids, Stars, departures, and Arrivals, plus a host of other information for your PF3 flight, all automatically once the flight starts. When you select the landing runway, or departure runway, it shows you the Sids and Stars associated with that runway, and you can easily and quickly bring them up one at a time, to see which one works the best. Rather than having to scramble around for charts and plates while flying , it is all right in this program, and viewable while enroute. The Manual for version 2 is now on their website and you can download it. As I said, the demo is free for 30 days. Can't wait...... :)

http://www.aivlasoft.com/73.html

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dave March
Post subject: Re: Aivlasoft EFB New version will be out July 1
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:35 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for the heads up

Cheers

Dave March

Email: dmarch@oncourse-software.co.uk

I don't know if my memory is getting worse as I get older...
...I just can't remember how it used to be!

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:52 pm

Version 1 can already do all things you describe, but I'm confident that version 2 will be an improvement.
20% discount for existing customers is a bit less than I hoped for, but somebody has to pay for the development effort, so it probably still is a fair price.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:22 pm

as a alphatester for EFB2 I have been able to enjoy this wonderful piece of software for nearly the last 2 years: it is a must have :D

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:54 pm

update: just checked

the first version of EFB2 has been installed on my computer in May 2015 :o

The older you get, the faster the time goes by :D

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 4:03 am

Downloaded and installed it this evening. It looks fantastic.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Just an update on my experience with Aivlsoft EFB version 2 and PF3. If you haven't downloaded the free demo and tried it with PF3, you don't know what you are missing. It shows everything while you are flying, and I mean everything. Especially useful is the visual depiction of Sids, Stars, Taxipaths, weather, headings, ground elevations, moving maps with AI depiction, . Trans Altitudes, departures, arrivals. The list goes on and on. I ran the free demo for one day, decided that there was no way I was going to fly without it, and purchased it. It turns every flight into a fantastic experience.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
ThomasAH
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:54 am

bobsk8 wrote: *  Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:49 pm
Just an update on my experience with Aivlsoft EFB version 2 and PF3. If you haven't downloaded the free demo and tried it with PF3, you don't know what you are missing. It shows everything while you are flying, and I mean everything. Especially useful is the visual depiction of Sids, Stars, Taxipaths, weather, headings, ground elevations, moving maps with AI depiction, . Trans Altitudes, departures, arrivals. The list goes on and on. I ran the free demo for one day, decided that there was no way I was going to fly without it, and purchased it. It turns every flight into a fantastic experience.
Sounds promising :)
Did you have version 1.x before, so you could say how much it improved compared to that?

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:11 pm

ThomasAH wrote: *  Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:54 am
bobsk8 wrote: *  Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:49 pm
Sounds promising :)
Did you have version 1.x before, so you could say how much it improved compared to that?
No I didn't.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
pasterke
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:47 pm

EFB v2 is so different to EFB v1 that only the basic idea of 'being an EFB' is the same as v1

The best way for any customer (new or recurring) is to run the trial version. It's without any obligation and by far the best way to figure out what the new version is capable to do for the flight simmer.

Regards,

patrick

[ img ]
[ img ][ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 2  [ 12 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best” | Jump to page 1 2 »
Jump to: