OnCourse Software

Welcome to our Product Support Forums

Sudden problems with PF3 altitude assignments.

PLEASE NOTE:

If you are reporting an issue with PF3 please remember to Zip and attach the Debug_Monitor.log file from your PF3\Logs folder. Thank you.

Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
bobsk8
Post subject: Sudden problems with PF3 altitude assignments.
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 am

I did two flights this evening from EGBB to EHAM. I had a Sid out of EGBB, and I selected the end of Sid at DTY, at 6000 feet per the chart. I was cleared after takeoff to 4,000 feet, and that was it. No more altitude changes. Passed DTY for many miles , still nothing as far as climbing to a higher altitude. I have a feeling that the entire flight would have stayed at 4,000 feet. I finally just ended the flight. Am I doing something wrong?

Attachments
debug_monitor.zip
(155.3 KiB) Downloaded 184 times

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Post subject: Re: Sudden problems with PF3 altitude assignments.
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 am

I think what happened is there is a PF3-added XXX waypoint before DTY, and you adjusted DTY to 6000 but the preceding waypoint was left at the default value of 23000 which created a profile that does not make sense. PF3 probably thought you were descending to 6000 rather than climbing to it. Try adjusting the preceding waypoint to 5000 or 6000 and see if that works.

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:56 am

Dan77 wrote: *  Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:20 am
I think what happened is there is a PF3-added XXX waypoint before DTY, and you adjusted DTY to 6000 but the preceding waypoint was left at the default value of 23000 which created a profile that does not make sense. PF3 probably thought you were descending to 6000 rather than climbing to it. Try adjusting the preceding waypoint to 5000 or 6000 and see if that works.
Thanks. After thinking about it, I thought that the 6000 feet at DTY is what created the problem. I also didn't realize that the XXXX waypoints could be adjusted for altitude. Will fly it tonight with your suggestions and report back. Thanks.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Dan77
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Also it's up to you of course but I would add SULUT and possibly SUGOL to the end of the flight plan. If you leave the STARs box unchecked you can allow PF3 to vector you after your last waypoint, or press hotkey 1 to request clearance at pilot's discretion if you prefer to fly the approach on your own or fly a published runway transition. (If the STARs box is checked you will not get vectors, so if you think you may want them, leave the box unchecked and you can request clearance at pilot's discretion later if you don't want vectors.)

Dan

[ img ]

Profile Quote
bobsk8
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 pm

Dan77 wrote: *  Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:22 pm
Also it's up to you of course but I would add SULUT and possibly SUGOL to the end of the flight plan. If you leave the STARs box unchecked you can allow PF3 to vector you after your last waypoint, or press hotkey 1 to request clearance at pilot's discretion if you prefer to fly the approach on your own or fly a published runway transition. (If the STARs box is checked you will not get vectors, so if you think you may want them, leave the box unchecked and you can request clearance at pilot's discretion later if you don't want vectors.)
Thanks/ Flying it now, and your advice worked. Climb out perfect. Using Navigraph charts for the first time which is another learning experience.Flying the star in navigraph, really like the moving map showing my aircraft on the charts. navigraph charts adds a whole new dimension.

[ img ]

Profile Quote
Display: Sort by: Direction:
Post Reply   Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]
Return to “PF3-ATC at its best”
Jump to: